CBA 0.28% $120.34 commonwealth bank of australia.

You really don't know the Chinese consumers, do you?I suggest...

1. 17,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2546
    You really don't know the Chinese consumers, do you?

I suggest you go to China and see for yourself.

Here are a few examples I will provide for you:

Apple's phone has been reverse-engineered and copied a long time ago, but Apple Iphones and computer equipment is one of the Biggest Sellers in China.

The same with Cars from the US, from EU, Japan and Korea. And those brand make a bucket load of money every year.

The same with luxury items. The same with baby forumula.

So why hasn't the Chinese brand been able to outsell these brand?

If you don't know, I will explain it to you.

The Chinese consumers KNOW how to differentiate the China made brand (even when copied) to the Overseas Brand. And they are prepared to pay a PREMIUM for overseas brand.

Just like the Premium Australia get for our exports to China.

Whether its the Apple Iphone or Baby Formula (baby formula from Aus goes for $60 to $70, but in Aust, its about $35).

Here is another thing: they (the Chinese consumers) will travel hundreds of kilometres to HKG and Macau, by the train load, in order to buy Genuine Luxury Goods from Europe. Each day (especially weekends), you will see hundreds of Chinese consumers waiting outside the stores in HKG and Macau before it opens, and by the end of the day, each would have spent between $10k to $20k.

How, you ask do I know these things?

Well, one of my companies does export to China. We did an enormous amount of research and continues to do, on our consumer taste and demand level and we offer our products as a PREMIUM BRAND. We don't try to compete with the local brand and it works.

Its same reason why the Chinese are prepared to pay an exorbitant amount of money for a Telsa over a local EV car.

Here is what I think is the problem.

Too many American executives strut around, talking down at their customers. Don't have to believe me, go talk to the potential buyer!!!

As to copying: all over the world, there is copying and stealing of IP - not only in Asia and China, but also in the US.

You should note, when Steve Jobs and Bill Gates were starting out, they were accused by IBM, Zerox and others of stealing their IP. Did it stop Steve Jobs and Bill Gates, or IBM or Zerox from succeeding?

You keep assuming Australia succeeded because we are a lucky country. Like most American, you are easily influenced by what you are told.

But you are Wrong. We do it much better.

Bottom line: Australia faces the same challenges as American.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CBA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$120.34
Change
0.340(0.28%)
Mkt cap ! $201.5B
Open High Low Value Volume
$120.56 $120.56 $119.40 $321.9M 2.679M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 5 $120.00

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$120.40 240 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$120.20
  Change
0.340 ( 0.25 %)
Open High Low Volume
$120.56 $120.56 $119.40 338979
Last updated 15.59pm 29/03/2024 ?
CBA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.