URANIUM 1.02% $24.70 uranium futures

4th uranium mine in australia approval likely

1. 13,126 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    Fourth uranium mine likely

Cameron England

March 12, 2007 11:00pm
    Article from: The Courier-Mail

THE South Australian Government is expected to give crucial approvals for Australia's fourth uranium mine within weeks.
    The Honeymoon mine, being developed by Canada's SXR Uranium One, is 80km northwest of Broken Hill and on track to start production of yellowcake in March next year.

Uranium One executive vice-president Australia and Asia Greg Cochran said the finalisation of Honeymoon's mining and rehabilitation plan (MARP) by the Environment Protection Authority and the Department of Primary Industries and Resources South Australia was taking longer than expected.

But he said it should be finished within weeks.

In August last year, Uranium One signed on the $48 million mine – named after a hut on the site where a stockman and his wife stayed during their honeymoon.

The mine was approved when the price of the mineral was $US46.50 a pound. It has since increased to $US85, making the project even more attractive.

Australia's other uranium mines are Olympic Dam and Beverley, both in South Australia, and Ranger in the Northern Territory.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,21369170-953,00.html

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.