BHP 3.11% $51.65 bhp group limited

??????, page-2

1. 9,081 Posts.
    BHP is in the throes of being "remade".

It is the world's largest mining company with a net operating cash flow last year of almost $7 billion with revenues of over $26 billion.

It is massively diversified and because of economies of scale has the advantage of being able to produce most of its commodoties well below the production costs of most miners. As the number of mining competitors decreases (a trend that is accelerating) BHP, like RIO, will be able to use their pricing power to even greater advantage.

BHP's oil exposure (some 30% of its assets are in oil and gas) could be a real profit driver this decade and beyond as energy demands (and prices) intensify.

In Summary What Has BHP got going for it?

- world class diversified resource assets ( including oil/gas exposure)

- low production costs

- ever increasing pricing power

- a PER of 15 with a fully franked dividend yield of 2.6%

- a more focussed and united board (post Gilbertson) under Chip Goodyear who seems to have brought more stable and focussed direction to the company.

BHP is a veritable leviathon that will fully awaken as the global economy eventually recovers. There are some who say that the recovery in the global economy is showing signs of beginning right now.

On that point, I am not so sure ..... there are still too many uncertainties.

But one thing I am sure of is this: The global economy will eventually recover and when it does just watch BHP fly. It could easily become a $40 stock when demand for resources gets up a real head of steam. Chinese demand could grow expotentially.

I hold BHP (for the long haul). Buying BHP now is akin to buying a waterfront property during a property slump.

(Read the red stuff below & do your own research)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BHP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$51.65
Change
1.560(3.11%)
Mkt cap ! $152.1B
Open High Low Value Volume
$50.50 $51.82 $50.50 $307.0M 5.966M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 20817 $51.65

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$51.68 500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/05/2021 (20 minute delay) ?
(live)
Last
$51.65
  Change
1.560 ( 3.42 %)
Open High Low Volume
$50.50 $51.82 $50.50 637662
Last updated 15.59pm 10/05/2021 (live) ?
BHP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.