LNU 4.44% 4.3¢ linius technologies limited

Time to get in......What Kind Of Investor Owns Most Of Linius...

1. 3,883 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 81
    Time to get in......

What Kind Of Investor Owns Most Of Linius Technologies Limited (ASX:LNU)?

The big shareholder groups in Linius Technologies Limited (ASX:LNU) have power over the company.Large companies usually have institutions as shareholders, and we usually see insiders owning shares in smaller companies.I quite like to see at least a little bit of insider ownership. As Charlie Munger said ‘Show me the incentive and I will show you the outcome.’

Linius Technologies is a smaller company with a market capitalization of AU$45m, so it may still be flying under the radar of many institutional investors.Taking a look at the our data on the ownership groups (below), it’s seems thatinstitutional investors have not yet purchased much of the company.Let’s delve deeper into each type of owner, to discover more about LNU.

View our latest analysis for Linius Technologies

ASX:LNU Ownership Summary February 5th 19ASX:LNU Ownership Summary February 5th 19

What Does The Institutional Ownership Tell Us About Linius Technologies?

Many institutions measure their performance against an index that approximates the local market. So they usually pay more attention to companies that are included in major indices.

Institutions own less than 5% of Linius Technologies. That indicates that the company is on the radar of some funds, but it isn’t particularly popular with professional investors at the moment.If the company is growing earnings, that may indicate that it is just beginning to catch the attention of these deep-pocketed investors.We sometimes see a rising share price when a few big institutions want to buy a certain stock at the same time. The history of earnings and revenue, which you can see below, could be helpful in considering if more institutional investors will want the stock. Of course, there are plenty of other factors to consider, too.

ASX:LNU Income Statement Export February 5th 19ASX:LNU Income Statement Export February 5th 19

Our data indicates that hedge funds own 10% of Linius Technologies.That worth noting, since hedge funds are often quite active investors, who may try to influence management. Many want to see value creation (and a higher share price) in the short term or medium term.As far I can tell there isn’t analyst coverage of the company, so it is probably flying under the radar.

Insider Ownership Of Linius Technologies

While the precise definition of an insider can be subjective, almost everyone considers board members to be insiders.The company management answer to the board; and the latter should represent the interests of shareholders. Notably, sometimes top-level managers are on the board, themselves.

Most consider insider ownership a positive because it can indicate the board is well aligned with other shareholders. However, on some occasions too much power is concentrated within this group.

It seems insiders own a significant proportion of Linius Technologies Limited.Insiders own AU$11m worth of shares in the AU$45m company.I would say this shows alignment with shareholders, but it is worth noting that the company is still quite small; some insiders may have founded the business. You can click here to see if those insiders have been buying or selling.

General Public Ownership

The general public, mostly retail investors, hold a substantial 50% stake in LNU, suggesting it is a fairly popular stock.This level of ownership gives retail investors the power to sway key policy decisions such as board composition, executive compensation, and the dividend payout ratio.

Private Company Ownership

Our data indicates that Private Companies hold 15%, of the company’s shares.It’s hard to draw any conclusions from this fact alone, so its worth looking into who owns those private companies. Sometimes insiders or other related parties have an interest in shares in a public company through a separate private company.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.3¢
Change
-0.002(4.44%)
Mkt cap ! $49.93M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.4¢ 4.4¢ 4.1¢ $93.75K 2.219M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 33937 4.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.3¢ 212351 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/10/2019 (20 minute delay) ?
(live)
Last
4.3¢
  Change
-0.002 ( 4.44 %)
Open High Low Volume
4.2¢ 4.4¢ 4.1¢ 717697
Last updated 15.59pm 18/10/2019 (live) ?
LNU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.