SAS 0.00% 1.6¢ sky and space company ltd

Thanks, Barnacles. Mine was a long schpiel, so well done for...

1. 5,235 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 492
    Thanks, Barnacles. Mine was a long schpiel, so well done for getting all the way through it. Here's a long reply to yours..

We all have a right to listen or not listen to opinions we don't like but it's not cool when people get shouted down for having a contrary opinion, especially when it urges caution. Nobody has to justify what they reckon and nobody should be told to go away and shut up. Apart from becoming a populist p1ssing circle, one of the very real effects is that newbies come along, count the thumbs up and overinvest, then blaming "downrampers" when the SP drops. Too many experts with not enough expertise.

Sure, we'd all like evidence to back up opinions but it's not necessary to provide a chart (or even all that reliable) when predicting short-medium term price movements. They weren't asked for or offered when people predicted we'd be in the 30's or 40's after launch, and then every other milestone we've passed since, and some people people bought mid-high 20's as a result.

Bots are just a tool of traders who don't pay $19.95 per trade but pay big subscription fees by yhe month or year or whatever. Sometimes the small orders are trying to fish out parcels to buy or sell at midpoints between pips, like the 0.162 or 0.167 that you sometimes see. If they hit with a small order, they buy whatever else is there. You or I wouldn't bother but to the pros, it all counts.

Traders and brokers moderate the market and save it from hyperbolic swings by wild-eyed punters. Traders are like property investors - much hated and quickly blamed when things don't work out for somebody. They'll buy your shares when nobody else wants them, even if it's for less than you expected, wanted or thought you deserved.

Brokers are like real estate agents, who people love to hate (and, yes, many are absolute w4nkers) but doing business without one is more risky. For a fee, you get access to their knowledge, experience and advice, which tends to get better the more you pay. If you buy or sell a property yourself, you'll save $5,000-25,000 on fees, do a lot of work and maybe get the same price, possibly better but probably worse.

I'm guessing that 95% of us here are going it alone without a broker and we've probably all bought and sold badly along the way. Maybe we're better off and have made better decisions than any given broker might have advised, maybe we're worse off or maybe about the same.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SAS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.