1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers
EMP 0.4¢

15 million traded yesterday?

1. tophat

1,256 posts.
    I'm totally lost in the wilderness on this company.
    As portrayed by their web site the comparitive market cap. and fundamentals of EMP with CRS, LHG etc. is most favorable. Great upside to price of gold, however its share price is languishing. The Dec. 02 presentation found at http://www.emperor.com.au/Presentations/EMP_Dec2002.pdf is spot on and shows why EMP is undervalued and poised for growth.

* DRD buys a 14% stake in the company in late 2December.
    * Fully finded by ANZ to phase 2 which will see a dramatic 40% increase from 130k ounces per year to 180k ounces.
    * Reduction in costs as phase 2 is established
    * Resource of 3.5 million ounces.
    * Mine life in excess of 10 years.
    * EBITDA 30% compund growth over next 3 years from A$14.6 to A$33.2
    * Great exploration potential
    * Highly leveraged to gold price- 13% increase in the gold price to $350USDL would casue a 30% increase in tehse multiples, resulting in a jump to $1-73 share price (50% increase to $2-00 when totally unhedged in 2007)

Can some genius out there tell me why EMP is not trading in the high 90's now?
    Was the 15,000,000 traded yesterday between 74-76c a bail out in anticipation of a big fall in the POG or what?
    I can not for the life of me understand the weakness in EMP share price.

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.