I decided to check the claims made in the video made by no...

1. 26,726 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    I decided to check the claims made in the video made by no opinion and it turns out that the 12 precious stone were well known long before the Book of Revelation was written.
    ANCIENT HISTORY OF THE GEMSTONE

Extract
    Gem Lore
    Gem lore is full of stories of gemstones with magic and symbolic properties. Ancient peoples believed that certain gems would protect them from misfortune, illness, and unhappiness. The list of gem-related superstitions is long and sometimes contradictory. Opal, for instance, was thought by some to bring bad luck, while others cherished it as a symbol of hope.

And......

The number twelve is common in gem lore. Twelve gems that represented the twelve tribes of Israel were set in the breastplate of Aaron, the first high priest of the Hebrews. Among Christians, symbolic gems represented the twelve apostles.

The Twelve Tribes The Twelve Apostles
    Levi, garnet Peter, jasper
    Zebulon, diamond Andrew, sapphire
    Gad, amethyst James, chalcedony
    Benjamin, jasper John, emerald
    Simeon, chrysolite Philip, sardonyx
    Issachar, sapphire Bartholomew, sard
    Naphtali, agate Matthew, chrysolite
    Joseph, onyx Thomas, beryl
    Reuben, sard James the Less, topaz
    Judah, emerald Judy, chrysolprase
    Dan, topaz Simon, hyacinth
    Asher, beryl Judas, amethyst

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To me, the claim that these 12 gems were only known when "revealed" in the Book of Revelation sounds like a quaint story but lacks a factual foundation.
    Last edited by whereu: 19/09/18

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.