- This policy covers how HotCopper treats personal information that HotCopper collects and receives, including information related to your past use of HotCopper products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
Information Collection and Use
- HotCopper collects personal information when you register with HotCopper, when you use HotCopper or the pages of certain HotCopper partners.
- When you register we ask for information. Once you register with HotCopper and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- HotCopper collects information about your activities with us and with some of our business partners.
- HotCopper automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, HotCopper cookie information, and the page you request.
- HotCopper uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfil your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- HotCopper does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We will email you information on behalf of our partners however we will never give them your private information. All communication about their products or offers will come from HotCopper.
- We will share any information in our possession with the ASIC, ASX Surveillance, the Australian Federal Police, the State Police of any Australian Jurisdiction, any Australian Court and any other enforcement or regulatory body if we think they have a reasonable reason to use this information to fulfil their role and responsibility and any legal duties including the detection, prevention, investigation, or prosecution of any criminal offences or improper conduct or in relation to preparation for or conduct of court or tribunal proceedings or orders.
- HotCopper may grant some of our service providers access to some private data where it is a necessary part of the services they provide to HotCopper. This will always be under confidentiality agreements and they will be limited to using or retaining the data as required to provide services to HotCopper.
- HotCopper displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria.
- HotCopper does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- HotCopper may set and access HotCopper cookies on your computer.
- Other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages may set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to HotCopper's cookies.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
- You can edit your Account Information at any time.
- New categories of marketing communications may be added from time to time. Users who visit their account settings page can opt out of receiving future marketing communications from these new categories or they can unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages they receive.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the HotCopper service, such as service announcements and administrative messages. HotCopper also reserves the right to remove your account if you opt out of receiving advertising material from HotCopper
- You can cancel your account and/or have your private information removed from your Hotcopper account by contacting HotCopper support (via the support feature available on the website) and asking to have your account deleted and/or have your private information removed. To run our forum efficiently and comply with business obligations and ASIC regulations, we are required to keep information about members for a period of time. If you request removal of your private information as described above, it will only be removed after these time periods have elapsed.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
HotCopper may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your HotCopper account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.