• Underground channel samples of veins HV-01 and HV-02 return strong zinc (Zn), silver (Ag), lead (Pb) grades
• Vein HV-01 grades include: o 7.78% Zn, 135.4g/t Ag, 8.36% Pb over 1.66m (true width) in channel 4 (samples IM-000492-496) including 15.45% Zn, 168.0g/t Ag, 11.61% Pb over 0.44m (sample IM-000492) o 5.32% Zn, 106.1g/t Ag, 5.57% Pb over 1.23m (true width) in channel 3 (samples IM-000487-491) including 14.40% Zn, 231.0g/t Ag, 11.35% Pb over 0.30m (sample IM-000487)
• Vein HV-02 grades include: o 8.43% Zn, 132.0g/t Ag, 14.96% Pb over 0.38m (true width) in channel 3 (sample IM-000477) o 5.50% Zn, 88.2g/t Ag, 5.53% Pb over 0.31m in channel 1 (sample IM-000472)
• 2nd Callancocha trench channel sample program and HV-21 results available within 5-7 business days
Inca Minerals Limited (Inca or the Company) has received assay results for a detailed mapping and channelsampling program of recently opened small underground mine workings (Mine 4494-4496) located over vein HV-01, within the Callancocha Structure Zone, Riqueza Project. The mine workings follow vein HV-01 over a combined distance of 30m. Follow-up channel sampling was also undertaken at a previously sampled mine working (Mine 4489) over vein HV-02 (ASX announcement 15 December 2017). Mine 4494-4496 and Mine 4489 are located in close proximity to Mine 4479 (ASX announcement 2 October 2017) and to the two trenches that produced very strong and open mineralisation (ASX announcement 20 November)
On 13 September 2017 Inca Minerals Limited (Inca or the Company) (ASX code: ICG) announced assay results from a reconnaissance rock chip sampling program. These results included a very high gold (Au) grade of 6.52g/t from a gossanous vein discovered at the Colina Roja Prospect, at the new Palcacandha Project (part of the Greater Riqueza Project). Given the grade and significance of the result, the Company has re-assayed samples from Colina Roja.
Inca is pleased to have received confirmation from the laboratory of 6.33g/t Au with the small variance between first and second assay results well within acceptable laboratory margins and variance for high grade epithermal gold mineralisation. The sample containing high grade gold (Figure 2) was taken from an outcrop of a gossanous vein within an Fe-oxide rich volcanic. The original laboratory results reported 6.52g/t Au and 194g/t Ag.
MINERALISED VEINS AND NEW MAJOR STRUCTURE AT RIQUEZA RIQUEZA DRILL PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS
Drill holes from the same platform, RDDH-016, RDDH-017 and RDDH-018 intersect numerous veins and breccias with varying zinc (Zn), silver (Ag), lead (Pb) grades
• Results include: o 4.09% Zn over 1.6m (down hole) from 8.70m including 5.99% Zn, 152g/t Ag and 3.49% Pb 0ver 0.8m from 9.50m in NS trending vein (HV25) in RDDH-016 o 2.13% Zn over 1.1m (down hole) in RDDH-018
• All holes intersect known targeted vein as well as new veins and breccias o RDDH-016 and RDDH-018 intersect new mineralised breccias
• Indications of second large structure controlling mineralisation at Humaspunco
• Detailed core logging and sampling for Phase 1 drilling nears completion
Inca Minerals Limited (Inca or the Company) (ASX code: ICG) has received assays and drill core logging data from Riqueza, the Company’s second Zn-Ag-Pb project. RDDH-016, RDDH-017 and RDDH-018 were drilled at the NE end of the Humaspunco Prospect (Riqueza) and results confirm strong mineralisation in NS-trending vein, HV-025, one of a series of similar trending veins that occur in the NE corner of Humaspunco.
“Drill holes RDDH-016 and RDDH-017 were drilled from the same platform in a SE direction to intersect a number of NW-trending veins that outcrop in area with intense shallow mine workings” says Inca’s Managing Director, Mr Ross Brown
“Although grades are variable, not only were all the known veins intersected, significant other forms of mineralisation were identified. Importantly, low grade mineralisation has been identified with breccias, structures and tension gash veins. These features are elements of the mineralised Callancocha Structure".
A second Callancocha-type mineralised structure is believed to have been identified in recent drilling. This new feature hosts mineralised NS-veins and breccias, is parallel to the Callancocha Structure and has shaped local geography. Including the mineralised occurrences that it hosts, this new large mineralised structure is itself a significant new exploration target.
• RDDH-022 intersects strong manto mineralisation including: o 20.77% zinc (Zn), 95.7g/t silver (Ag) and 6.73% lead (Pb) over 0.3m (down hole) from 41.9m o 7.36% Zn, 37.4g/t Ag and 2.10% Pb over 0.5m (down hole) from 34.8m
• Manto mineralisation open ended to the south
• Visible mineralisation in four new trenches at Callancocha Structure (Callancocha)
• Results for RDDH-023 due with 4 to 7 days
Inca Minerals Limited (Inca or the Company) (ASX code: ICG) has received assays and drill core logging data for hole RDDH-022, drilled at the Company’s Greater Riqueza Zn-Ag-Pb Project (Riqueza), Peru. Hole RDDH-022 has intersected two strongly mineralised manto horizons within a 9.4m wide (down hole) manto sequence.
The lower of the two manto horizons grades 20.77% Zn, 95.7g/t Ag and 6.73% Pb over 0.3m (down hole) from 41.9m hole depth and the higher of the two manto horizons grades 7.36% Zn, 37.4g/t Ag and 2.10% Pb over 0.5m (down hole) from 34.8m hole depth.