XJO 0.99% 7,896.9 s&p/asx 200

I trade SPI futures not CFD's as I prefer to deal with the...

1. 10,741 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2086
    I trade SPI futures not CFD's as I prefer to deal with the market, as opposed to a market maker. Regarding SPI futures prices and charts, it has never ceased to amaze me how lacking they are - for example, even the SFE website only shows delayed data, and no charts that are of any use. For a financial instrument that trades almost 24 hours a day, (being one of only a few that do), I have always found this surprising. Also, if you watch the time and sales and volume bars, at times they don't match, large orders going through that show on the volume bar but not on time and sales, and certainly were never on the market depth. Also of interest, large orders on the time and sales that did show, then when you go back to check them out again, they have vanished - like they were never there. All good stuff to ponder if you are thinking to trade the SPI, but then again it all depends on how you intend on trading the SPI.

As an example, I don't feel this information is of much use other than getting the H,L and C, and it's from the SFE themselves.

http://www.sfe.com.au/content/prices/rtp15SFAP.html

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.