SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

Westcott, I am surprised! I thought you were well known for your...

1. 1,194 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 269
    Westcott,
    I am surprised! I thought you were well known for your knowledge and research on the region.
    Corrections to your post to me above:
    Taboon said in relation to EQX "no one is touching the low grade magnetite resources these days".
    I am aware of Sundance's need to blend ore bodies and the strategic importance of the low Phos high grade material from Nabeba. This fact is entirely irrelevant to my post about finance. This was important for Sundance to overcome the impurity issue of Mbalam as well as create the long mine life needed to repay the massive capital requirement. My comment was about the various governments (Cameroon, Congo, and China) and teh region in general and the representation that all interests are aligned or that the regional infrastructure NEEDS Nabeba. Your response demonstrates the validity of my statement - you can only interpret the statement from a SDL perspective. You are correct that SDL needs Nabeba. Desperately. And this btw is a major weakness as Sundance's relationship with the Congo government has never been well managed. My point is the regional infrastructure development does not need Nabeba,
    You are incorrect on Belinga - BRGM, Vale, and the Chinese have all conducted drilling campaigns at Belinga.There is no published JORC resource but there are various resource estimates in the public domain and the informed view (including from Sundance's previous and existing geologists) is that it is by far the largest regional DSO deposit. The second largest single deposit is Core Mining's Avima.
    Saying anyone is "in front" or "behind" in development timelines is absurd. Everyone in the region is at ground zero.
    Consider the Pilbara. Lang Hancock and then his daughter Gina have been working on building an iron ore mine for the best part of 50 years. Andrew Forrest arrived and build one in 5 years. To say SDL is advanced on mine development, or significantly ahead of Core, Belinga, or even Badondo is misguided. the reality is that given the transport solution anyone if these deposits could be mined relatively quickly. Yes, Sundance have spent the most money and yes made the most noise (at least on the ASX), but Westcott what really has been done that couldn't be replicated by any of the other companies inside 6 months?
    All of this is also irrelevant to my post which was actually about a matter you have never responded to:
    I believe SDL has no possible way of repaying its significant levels of debt. On this basis it is the most unlikely to survive the current downturn in iron ore prics and the consequential delay in any capital infrastructure project being a reality in the region.
    J9

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.