PEK 2.50% 19.5¢ peak rare earths limited

I think there's a bit of a chicken and egg discussion happening...

1. sjl
    1,194 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 302
    I think there's a bit of a chicken and egg discussion happening here. I can see where you're coming from, but to express it in a form that suggests that management's sole responsibility is to increase the share price (which is how it comes across to me) is not only inaccurate, but also dangerous. I might be misreading your intent, and I have no qualms about apologising if so; that's simply the way it reads to me.
    I do agree with you there. I might quibble about the 50% of the company - strictly speaking, it was around 20% of Peak itself, and sufficient of the (previously wholly owned) subsidiary that holds the rights to the prospective mine to effectively give them 50% of the African assets, rather than being 50% of the company itself - but that's really just semantics, rather than the substance of the argument. It certainly does put a significant dampener on all the foreshadowed future development (including the niobium/tantalum resource north of Ngualla, and any of the remaining gold assets that might still be held by the company - can't remember if they've offloaded those or not), and I think that's why the share price is still languishing this way.

That said, I would argue that that little incident made it pretty clear to those who have been following the company that the options would be unlikely to make the target.

Fundamentally, I think we're just arguing cause and effect, rather than the fundamental issue: that there has been severe issues with the way management has handled fund raising (in my mind, that's the one glaring problem with the company, and has been since I got in).
    No bet on that from me. I don't take blatantly obvious sucker bets.
    On the bright side, the 50% of the company does get us funding through to a decision to mine, and my feeling is that by that stage, we'll be in a much better position to fund through debt, rather than raising capital. Yes, that brings its own set of risks, but if we reach the point where that's a serious option, it would seem to me to be a no brainer - even allowing for interest costs, it'd be better for the long term shareholders than the alternative. Short term pain, yes, but much greater long term gain. I believe (please note the caveats and caution in my words) that we're now past the point where management could realistically argue a need for raising more capital, and that gives me hope that we're now in a "wait and see" pattern, rather than being particularly worried about downside.

All that said, I'm not in a hurry to increase my holdings; I'm not comfortable risking more than I already have (and I'm pretty seriously in the hole here, unfortunately; the bounce I expect to see once there's solid progress and news is most likely to bring me to break even, rather than a significant profit, I fear.)

Maybe one day you and I will raise a glass to each other at the one dollar party. Long, long way away, though, alas (if that day ever comes).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.50%)
Mkt cap ! $51.85M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.0¢ 20.5¢ 19.5¢ $26.52K 132.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 92293 19.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.0¢ 4000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
19.5¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 2.50 %)
Open High Low Volume
20.0¢ 20.0¢ 19.5¢ 6439
Last updated 14.19pm 29/03/2024 ?
PEK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.