ECT 12.5% 0.5¢ environmental clean technologies limited.

Web Seminar: Pre-Drying Lignite.

1. 1,261 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 365
    Pre-drying coal – technologies and economics is the subject for the next webinar, which will be presented by Dr Nigel Dong on Wednesday 24 September at midday (UK time).
    Lignite is an important fuel for power generation in many parts of the world. The major issue is that the high moisture content of lignite results in low thermal efficiencies and high CO2 emissions of lignite-fired power plants. An effective way to resolve this issue is to pre-dry the lignite before combustion in the boiler. Several modern pre-drying processes, such as RWE’s WTA dryer and GRE’s DryFining™ systems, have been developed based on this principle, which can be integrated to lignite-fired power plants to continuously pre-dry the feeding run-of-mine lignite. This webinar describes those technologies and their technoeconomic implications for the lignite-fired power plants to which they are integrated. In addition, the webinar also introduces the development of some standalone lignite drying and upgrading technologies.
    http://www.iea-coal.org.uk/site/2010/news/webinars?LanguageId=0

Dr Dong, who was awarded the title Young Energy Professional for his work on low rank coals by the State Government of Victoria, Australia in 2012, has also been mentioned in previous ECT ASX anns: http://www.ectltd.com.au/news/coldry-features-in-world-coal-magazine/

I have emailed Dr Dong twice to enquire whether the Coldry Process is featured in his latest presentation, but have received no reply thus far.
    Last edited by onlymoney: 17/09/14

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ECT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.001(12.5%)
Mkt cap ! $12.88M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.5¢ 0.4¢ $1.53K 323.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
37 12019827 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 6756279 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.46pm 28/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
0.4¢
  Change
0.001 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
0.4¢ 0.4¢ 0.4¢ 1280913
Last updated 14.42pm 28/03/2024 ?
ECT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.