TRY 0.00% 3.0¢ troy resources limited

http://www.guyanatimesgy.com/2014/09/08/troy-resources-executives...

1. 291 Posts.
    http://www.guyanatimesgy.com/2014/0...ources-executives-brief-ramotar-on-operations

Troy Resources executives brief Ramotar on operations

September 8, 2014 By GuyanaTimes

The top executives of Troy Resources Guyana Inc on Monday met with President Donald Ramotar, briefing him of the progress of the company’s multimillion US dollar gold mining operations in Karouni, Region Seven.
    Speaking to the Government Information Agency (GINA), company Chairman David Dix said the meeting went very well, with President Ramotar giving his commitment to help the Australian company with the necessary means to expedite its local operations.
    The Chairman stated that he and the executives were pleased to do business in Guyana and with the confidence displayed by Government towards investors, such as themselves. The Chairman was accompanied by Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director Martin Purvis, and Director for Guyana Operations Ken Nilsson.
    Purvis said: “It was really to introduce ourselves, we had our first board meeting in Guyana, we talked through the development plans that we have, the timeframe in which we want to develop our mine, and the benefits that he could help to assist us, to be able to do it in a timely manner, and enable us to be generating income for us and wealth for the country.”
    The Chairman stated that he was very happy with the investment opportunity provided by Guyana.
    “We are happy with the structures in place, with the way we can do business here, and the confidence the investment community is getting in us and the way that we are operating here.”
    Troy Resources Guyana Inc in August received $1.1 billion of mining equipment purchased from manufacturer Doosan for development of its mine site at Karouni and eventual commencement of operations by mid-next year.
    Around 600 Guyanese will be employed with the company during its initial construction stage. The Australian exploration and mining company will be developing an area west of Omai with the anticipation of raking in an annual production of 90,000 ounces of gold over a seven-year period. Production, however, in the first 12 months is projected at 102,000 ounces with production commencing between December 2014 and February 2015. The company, dual-listed on the Australian and Toronto Stock Exchanges is a junior gold producer with operations at Andorinhas in Para State, Brazil and Casposo in San Juan Province, Argentina and now, its project in Guyana. The company has forged a proven record of fast-track mine development, low cost operations, strategic acquisitions and exploration discoveries.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TRY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.