Enn agree with what your said here and I am afraid we aussies...

1. 3,303 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 288
    Enn agree with what your said here and I am afraid we aussies whinge too much these days where in reality and in comparison to the world we are rich - I say again we are rich, my work in sth Africa and Botswana struck me deeply that I am rich and be happy with what I have got.

The problem I have always had with super is 2 main points

the projections are always BS in what you expect to have if you contribute x amount per month -the GCF and many more ructions in the futre guarantee the end amount will be lower.
    second super is always put first as a tax minimisation scheme - ie go into super because you only pay 15% and possibly when your xx age you pay no tax -which to me has always arse about -I have always concentrated on the overall return on my investment, sure less tax helps - but in reality it is a side issue - it is marketing pure and simple trying to attract people who otherwise would not add additional funds into it.

it is the return on funds that is important and all should concentrate on that!!! ( but also agree the multiple rule changes are why I never invested in super in the first place - only what I had too)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.