pseudonymX If the conditions for our universes existence (what...

1. 6,410 Posts.
    pseudonymX

If the conditions for our universes existence (what ever they may be) where not met, then our universe as we know it would exist. Would exist or would not exist?

"It's not like energy/matter etc suddenly 'thought' "hey I might make a universe today that might be nice." Of course not. I didn't say that if you're suggesting I did, apart from ending my last post on a lame metaphor.

" Who am I, what does it all mean, man? Why do I exist, why does anything exist? Is there a point to all this?" I was being flippant, but those question even so were asked in a general sense because we exist as humans both individually and in a general sense.

Not sure there's an absolute answer to anything.

As for 'nothing'. There has never been a time when nothing has existed. Only form, and state evolving and transmuting.
    Even so called God can't make something from nothing, so nothing is only a figurative term without absolute meaning and is rather a general term to describe the lack of something.

If there was a steady state before the big bang or the big bang was in a steady state then what corrupted its state to splatter energy and matter into the universe we now see? Why expand, explode or change at all. Something made it change and become the universe, otherwise we wouldn't be posting on HC. If nothing forced a change then nothing would have changed.

As for life, it's not a condition of energy and matter alone. Why did life arise? How could life become a condition of lifelessness? I don't know but 'it just did' isn't an answer I can except. I think perhaps the American First Nation people came the closest with their belief that even a rock contains an intangible life force. We know through science that a rock is composed of atoms and forces and great potential under certain circumstances.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.