STX 8.33% 26.0¢ strike energy limited

Jazzasax, this part..... "I take it that we have at least...

1. 5,347 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2640
    Jazzasax, this part.....

"I take it that we have at least another few months before we can confirm commercial gas" - read the last announcement. My guess would be closer to a few weeks than a few months. The new "few weeks" will be to get back to, and exceed, previous record gas flows.

"They won't just say we've got the commercial level of gas being produced as I'm sure that has already happened" - I am sure they haven't seen commercial quantities of stable gas flow, and even commercial spikes in gas flow...yet. I am sure if they did they would be telling people.
    They have been restricted by the pumps to date not the reservoir. The new pump set ups will address that and hopefully produce a stable flow over the threshold commercial flow.

"just that the water kept creeping back in!" - They are progressively de-watering (and therefore depressuring) the reservoir. The water is of course continually creeping into the system - that is how a water bound coal system works. But the water inflow is not the reason this hasn't reached commercial gas flows yet. The reason is because they were not originally equipped to handle the amount of gas flowing into the jet pumps and cavitating them - not the water in-flow. They have hopefully now addressed that with the new pump set ups. This will allow the water production to stay above the threshold level that they have identified (430-450 bbls/d).

They have spelt it out in pretty simple language in my view.

Pumping now for the next "few weeks" to get back to critical desorption pressure in the reservoir and as that happens more coals start to produce gas.
    We are in that "few weeks" period right now. Once the gas comes on then hopefully the pumps (with their significantly greater power / production) will enable the cavitation to be dealt with for a much longer period than was the case with the smaller pump arrangements.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
26.0¢
Change
0.020(8.33%)
Mkt cap ! $744.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
24.0¢ 26.0¢ 24.0¢ $2.793M 11.05M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 630696 25.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
26.0¢ 1061945 14
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
25.5¢
  Change
0.020 ( 7.19 %)
Open High Low Volume
24.0¢ 26.0¢ 24.0¢ 2892014
Last updated 15.59pm 28/03/2024 ?
STX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.