STO 0.65% $7.75 santos limited

Yep or half the market has been on holiday, so volumes in Jan...

1. 4,485 Posts.
    Yep or half the market has been on holiday, so volumes in Jan have been light.
    US consumption of heating oil will obviously be at the upper end at the moment & with oil's lift overnight I would expect to see STO SP improve today.

I took profit on half my short yesterday based on the US snow storm!
    Will look to re-enter again perhaps today if we see a nice lift.

Until we see the full extent of the looming write-downs STO SP has POTENTIAL to go a lot lower.
    Obviously if oil does another leg down then so will the STO SP, however even if the price remains at the current levels for a substantial period STO will not be making money to re-pay debt. In fact they will be likely increasing debt by using their ANZ facility.

Do they sell the pipeline to raise cash & pay higher operational costs for the life?
    One thing in a downturn that is typically better to own than the product is the infrastructure as long as it keeps running.
    I'm not sure what the toll is likely to produce in revenue going forward, but I would have thought raising capital when your MC is still substantial rather than selling revenue generating assets makes more sense.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.75
Change
0.050(0.65%)
Mkt cap ! $25.17B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.76 $7.78 $7.71 $84.56M 10.91M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4 $7.71

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.77 7442 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$7.74
  Change
0.050 ( 0.44 %)
Open High Low Volume
$7.76 $7.78 $7.71 1621193
Last updated 15.59pm 29/03/2024 ?
STO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.