1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Join HotCopper today

HotCopper is the largest stock market forum in Australia with over 250,000 registered members and more than 6,000 posts per day. Membership is FREE. Join now!

3. There is now a Managed funds topic. Enjoy.

souths v manly

1. Maaze

20,582 posts.

Lets hope the best side wins and the referee/video has nothing to do with the result. GO THE BUNNIES.

2. nickyjames

8,126 posts.

Should be a good one Maaze and wouldn't be surprised if it went down to the wire.

I doubt Inglis will have a big impact tonight as it will take a game or so to get back into full swing.

Manly by 2 for me.

3. Maaze

20,582 posts.

I took both sides under 13 and a draw in Pick the Margins so I sort of agree, no smash. I think Sutton is playing, Lyons and Watmough cannot be replaced with similar grade players. Also Lyons is a really good goalkicker, not sure of replacements form but forward to the game. I reckon if Souths don't fire tonight they can't win the comp.. GO THE BUNNIES.

4. Maaze

20,582 posts.

Watmough's playing???????

5. Maaze

20,582 posts.

LYONS playing, I shouldn't believe everything I hear.

6. Megafauna

4,121 posts.

The Bunnies are a different side with Inglis and Sutton on the field. Neither played starring roles but did provide leadership, something that has been missing for the last few weeks.

The Bunnies fans would have been worried when Inglis appeared to reinjure his knee in trying to save a try. It looked serious for a while but he recovered and seemed to be unaffected.

It is not easy beating Manly at the business end of the season, this win will give Souths a lot of confidence.

Winning in this fashion without Sam Burgess should also give them confidence for their run into the finals, he is close to being the best forward in the NRL.

7. pints

7,780 posts.

A great game.
    A shock for the bunnies in the first few minutes but they played hard, done good, to quote the great coach Jack Gibson.

8. yehnah

3,664 posts.

9. Megafauna

4,121 posts.

One thing that was not good was the tackle by Lima for which he was reported. I think it was Watmough who was held in the standing position by a couple of players. Lima came in late at his lower legs and rolled his body twisting the attacking players leg causing pain to his knee.

I am against any tactic that is done purely to injure the tackled player. Included in this are grapple and crusher tackles. If the judiciary believe this tackle was a deliberate attempt to cause injury, then they should come down hard on it. The game does not need it.

10. pints

7,780 posts.

Agree completely Mega.

The game does not need such foolish tactics.

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.

^