LYC 2.89% $5.69 lynas rare earths limited

Good discussion here, thanks to HC for moving it to it's own...

1. 26,464 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4495
    Good discussion here, thanks to HC for moving it to it's own thread in LYC, it does seem to be a very LYC problem, but with general HC implications, so I hope they monitor poster's thoughts and take them into consideration.
    Mitta, I think the general idea is HC is a forum for those either investing/trading a stock in one form or another or considering doing so. They haven't banned those who don't/aren't completely, they just realised they were posting on LYC out of all proportion to their investing/trading interest, which appears to be zero, so a 3 post a day limit seems pretty sensible, indeed somewhat generous IMO.
    If a poster has a negative disposition towards a stock, I want to know if their motives: are they a disenchanted holder, a disenchanted ex-holder or a shorter, all of which are probably posting their genuinely held negative thoughts in good faith, or a downramper who really wants to buy at a lower price, or worse, a poster allied to a business competitor or a political body deliberately posting disingenuously with the intention of harming the company. Now, you aren't going to stop people lying and if they have dubious enough motives, sure they will get round the system. But i would think having more specific Sentiment and Position options would create a far more harmonious atmosphere and be less work for the mods.

So, my proposal is:

Sentiment: None,LT, ST, Sell
    Position: None, Held, Short

So a shorter is ST/Short, a LT Investor is LT/Held, a trader with a position is ST/Held or ST/Short, or you could be LT/None or ST/None if you are considering a purchase to Sell/Held if you're considering getting out etc etc
    That should pretty much cover it and isn't too much to change on backend either.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.69
Change
0.160(2.89%)
Mkt cap ! $5.318B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.51 $5.72 $5.51 $34.45M 6.117M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 75089 $5.68

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.70 63441 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$5.70
  Change
0.160 ( 3.08 %)
Open High Low Volume
$5.55 $5.72 $5.53 1881896
Last updated 15.59pm 28/03/2024 ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.