1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Join HotCopper today

HotCopper is the largest stock market forum in Australia with over 250,000 registered members and more than 6,000 posts per day. Membership is FREE. Join now!

3. There is now a Managed funds topic. Enjoy.
HAZ 1.9¢

second smelt campaign underway.

1. rbgould2008

1,806 posts.

By my reckoning the second smelt should be almost complete and with the price of Tungsten going up at the moment it will not be long before the market wakes up that HAZ is a cash flow positive money maker. My guess is the quarterly report will give us a good indication of where things are at.
    What do all you other HAZ watchers reckon.

2. malabar

190 posts.

I would have thought they would have given shareholders an update by now.
    seems like a long time since any news

3. malabar

190 posts.

I believe that the 2nd smelt went better than expected. Now cashflow positive

4. malabar

190 posts.

I agree Plough, he's done a great job.
    What I don't understand is why no one seems to be following this stock.
    The only way is up.

5. relaxed

57 posts.

A great quarterly, can't understand why this is still at 2c.

I find it curious that HAZ is repatriating so much cash from ATC. Would have figured that they would want to purchase as much feedstock as possible for the next campaign. Only thing I can think of is if they're saving up to pay off the loan. Which is due in 6 weeks - can they finish another campaign by then?

Anyway, ATC should have at least $4.5m due from the sale of product already on hand. Add to that the $0.33m and the Aug production, would mean around $5m for feedstock purchases. So I reckon they should break 100t for the next campaign.

6. rbgould2008

1,806 posts.

relaxed,
    Agree totally with your post.
    I do not understand why the sp has not moved up closer to 3 cents on this announcement.OK the quarterly might indicate to some that HAZ is short on cash but since 30 June a lot has happened and cash position is significantly better and continuous production is fast approaching .On current indications wrt price and production in the future this stock should have a MC of at least 3 cents or more.
    By xmas in my view they will be generating surplus cash of close to $1.o million per month.Not bad from a coy with a current market cap of approx $20 million and a very skilled management team that has proven itself over the past couple on months in my view.
    We will see a significant rerating over the next month IMHO.
    DYOR this stock will be a 10 bagger over the next 12 months and a 5 bagger possibly by Xmas 2013.

7. lispingduck

1,486 posts.

Interesting little read..

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-08-08/terrorist-tungsten-in-colombia-taints-global-phone-to-car-sales.html

8. malabar

190 posts.

Great read Quack, confirms my thinking even more we are on to a winner.

9. plough

15,281 posts.

I get sales of about $6.5M from the second campaign, excellent effort Terry et al.
    Guessing we must be cashflow positive now.

10. TheFatz

806 posts.

Yep should be able to pay the outstanding 2.1million on the 2.6million loan and still be in the black

11. relaxed

57 posts.

Excellent results.

According to the last quarterly, HAZ has $1.7m cash.
    They only have $2.1m coming due soon, so they only have to repatriate $0.5m to meet the loans.
    This will leave $5.5-6m for the next campaign, so I'd expect that to be a similar size to this one.
    ATC now has enough money to continue the ramp up without any additional outside funds.

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.

^