RHK 4.41% 71.0¢ red hawk mining limited

Overview of the BBI Project

1. 5,822 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 896
    RTA Annual report 2014 provides a lot of interesting information to us newer holders.

The Flinders Product is comparable to the 4 major iron ore producers in Australia and is a highly saleable product.

The integrated project is forecast to be in the lowest cost quartile in both Capex and Opex, making it a world class tier 1 integrated project

The BBI Project comprises of a proposed : 1. transhipment and stockyard facility at Balla Balla Harbour on the Pilbara Coast (the Port Facility) ; and 2. an approximately 160km railway traversing south from Balla Balla Harbour, between the Millstream Chichester and Mungaroona Range National Parks toward the Flinders Mines Limited (Flinders), Pilbara Iron Ore Project (PIOP) .  The proposed Port Facility includes the re -establishment of the original Balla Balla Port gazetted in 1898 , located on the Pilbara coast mid -way between Dampier and Port Hedland .  The proposed Port Facility is within close proximity to the North -west Coastal Highway, Pilbara Energy Pipeline (PEPL) and Horizon 220kV power line .  The Port Facility has been designed to minimise environmental impact by utilising transhipment . It is intended that no dredging will be required and no deep water infrastructure will be built .  The foundation customer for BBI is Flinders, of which a subsidiary of Todd is the largest shareholder . Flinders owns PIOP, a 25Mtpa haematite mine 200km to the south of Balla Balla Harbour in the Central Pilbara region of Western Australia .  The initial phase of proposed development will enable the export of PIOP’s ore (Stage 1 ) . A second phase of proposed development would increase the port capacity to 45Mtpa principally for the export of the Balla Balla magnetite material from the Balla Balla Mine (BB Mine), located approximately 5km from the Port Facility (Stage 2 ) .

Summary
    The infrastructure solution will unlock Flinders Mines and Balla Balla mine.
    The project has the support of major stakeholder Todd Corporation which is one of New Zealand's most successful companies founded in 1884 with major asset base including oil and gas exploration and production, electricity generation, energy retailing, property development and mineral assets.
    The low capital intensity of the port and a short 200km railway and conveyor, combined with lowest quartile operating costs, make this a financially robust and compelling project.
    MOU signed with a major Chinese steel mill
    The project is well advanced in securing all the necessary approvals required to finalise FEED by mid 2015 and move to FID by Q4 2015.

Conclusion: Everything that Todd wants to do starts and ends with PIOP ore. Without it they have nothing.

cheers contra

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RHK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
71.0¢
Change
0.030(4.41%)
Mkt cap ! $140.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
68.0¢ 71.0¢ 68.0¢ $7.901K 11.42K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10000 66.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
71.5¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.06pm 28/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RHK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.