CTP 3.92% 5.3¢ central petroleum limited

Justinmetals I believe if you do a little research you will find...

1. 1,075 Posts.
    Justinmetals

I believe if you do a little research you will find that the taxation of oil and gas was the model for the super profits tax. Therefore, the return from oil and gas, in taxes, can be actually greater than '...metals such as iron ore ...' royalties not less as you suggest.

You might also like to think of the environmental challenges produced so called sustainable energy solutions. Take for instance the blades of wind turbines which are made from carbon fibre epoxy and have a finite life of 20-25 years. Tell me how dispose of these blades. Germany has refused to allow them in landfill years ago. Let me know if you can find a means to recycle carbon epoxy wind turbine blades.

Stalkb,

Though I haven't been able to visit Kakadu, I would hate to see its environmental qualities reduced in any way. That said, surely not all of the territory has the same environmental qualities as Kakadu and it is in those areas after a thorough environmental assessment that sensitive development should be allowed to occur.

You should know I'm a Victorian and it has been our taxes along with NSW citizens taxes, since federation, that have paid large amounts of their incomes to provide the services you enjoy in the NT. Not only is the indigenous population dependent on the NSW and Victorian taxpayers but so are the majority of all of the NT population. So if development can occur in an environmentally sustainable manner let it occur or attitudes of Victorian and NSW taxpayers may change in the manner suggested by the WA Premier, which I for one would not like to see occur.

May I also suggest that natural gas is a better solution to our greenhouse gas challenges than coal.

The challenges of booze are not just isolated to the indigenous population. It should be remembered that the indigenous population only became full citizens in 1967. We forced them to be dependent and now find fault because they are not forging to become independent. Give them a break.

It should be noted that CTP has an affirmative action policy to employ the indigenous population. Do you want an independent and responsible indigenous population or not? If you do, shouldn't you support the indigenous population obtaining work. The kids will eventually work out that booze isn't an answer to disposession and frustration but it will take time. That does not mean we should give up on trying to find solutions to the problems of alcohol for all.

The answers in life are not just black and white. Compromises need to be made but they don't need to be compromises that destroy the environment or the philosophy of a fair go for all Australians. I would suggest that the far left is just as bad as the far right.

Enough!!

Cheers

Stoops

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.3¢
Change
0.002(3.92%)
Mkt cap ! $39.22M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.2¢ 5.3¢ 5.2¢ $31.66K 604.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 86808 5.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.3¢ 23813 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.3¢
  Change
0.002 ( 3.92 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.2¢ 5.3¢ 5.2¢ 101711
Last updated 15.33pm 29/03/2024 ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.