BHP 1.35% $44.27 bhp group limited

July 28 (Reuters) - Vale executives held a conference call with...

1. 184,654 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2711

July 28 (Reuters) - Vale executives held a conference call with investors and analysts in English on Thursday to explain their second-quarter results.

• Vale top iron ore executive Poppinga says capital spending to maintain existing mines near peak and likely to fall a bit
    • Vale Says That Its "Brazilian Iron Ore Blend" Received Regular Premium Of About $3 Above Benchmark Iron Ore Price In 2nd Qtr
    • Vale CEO Ferreira says company is 'very enthusiastic' about outcome of evolving asset-sale plans
    • Vale iron ore chief says realistic capacity of Carajas Railway is 175 million tonnes of iron ore a year from existing Carajas mines and new S11D mine
    • Vale says world iron ore supply is flat at about 50 days and balanced and can remain balanced through restocking
    • Vale says it expects 60 million tonnes of new sea-borne iron ore supply in 2017 compared with expected increase of 110 million tonnes in 2016
    • Analysts are overestimating new mine ramp up and underestimating iron ore mine depletion
    • Vale iron ore chief Poppinga says supply demand outlook for iron ore will likely keep price above $50 a tonne for most of 2017
    • Vale says it expects the equity portion of the partial divestment of Moatize coal project to close in fourth quarter
    • Moatize coal divestment money to flow direct to Vale, loans for future Nacala Corridor expansion will be non-recourse to Vale shareholders -CFO
    • Vale says line of credit arranged with BHP for Samarco is to finance closed project's working-capital needs
    • Vale says it will be depositing less stable slime, mud in old pits and not in upstream dams facing possible ban by brazil authorities
    • Vale CFO says because of company's capital discipline there is no surplus cash for anything but dividends and debt payment
    • Vale CFO says it has no plans to use cash for new expansion or takeovers
    • Brazilian miner Vale says its cash cost for iron ore was $13.20 a tonne
    • Costs for Mozambique Moatize coal project's Nacala port, rail corridor fell 40 percent in 2nd quarter, Vale says
    • Vale CFO says it has made substantial progress on winning approval for sale of part of Mozambique coal project
    • Vale CFO says provision for Samarco losses are not required under recovery, repair agreement with government after tailings dam burst in November
    • Vale says ramp up of Salobo copper project has been delayed by electricity outages, expects to meet targets in second half
    • Vale CEO Ferreira says he is 'confident' members of controlling shareholder Valepar will complete new shareholders' agreement this year
    • Vale says it is reducing tailing-dam risk by doing more iron ore dry processing and separating rough waste from "slime" or muck.
    • Vale says it plans to store much of future muddy mine waste in old pits, which is safer than upstream dams, Poppinga says.
    • Vale says it plans to increase its dry iron ore processing from current 40 percent, no plans for controversial upstream dams

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BHP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$44.27
Change
0.590(1.35%)
Mkt cap ! $224.3B
Open High Low Value Volume
$44.45 $44.66 $44.27 $536.8M 12.09M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1000 $44.25

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$44.38 200 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$44.37
  Change
0.590 ( 1.75 %)
Open High Low Volume
$44.43 $44.66 $44.28 1707804
Last updated 15.59pm 29/03/2024 ?
BHP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.