AOK 0.00% 1.7¢ austex oil limited

New Era in Oil prices.

1. Dis
    3,746 Posts.
    Nobody knows exactly what will happen but this is the most sensible article I have read:

Until about three days ago the absolute and total consensus in the market was the Saudis would cut," said McNally. That is no longer a foregone conclusion, he said. "The market suddenly realizes it is operating without a net."

So its reasonable that $75 could be the new normal.  What does this mean for AOK?

In the short term it probably means a trashed share price (but I don't think much lower than now - its already oversold IMHO).

In the medium term it probably means revenue is down but also that leases are cheaper and development costs are cheaper as drill service companies find themselves without work.  Growth probably  will be slowed but not by much

Companies who have invested big money on acres / HBP marginally profitable acres will likely find themselves in the stinky stuff, especially if they have borrowed to buy acres.  These companies would have been stars if oil prices rose - they would have huge acres and reserves that everyone wants.  Now much of these acres will become close to worthless.

Companies who have invested in creating high margin / low cost oilers will probably do very well as the competition falls away.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AOK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.