LYC 2.89% $5.69 lynas rare earths limited

Toyotsu Rare Earths India has a two year contract with Indian...

1. 5,056 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 243
    Toyotsu Rare Earths India has a two year contract with Indian Rare Earths to buy a mixed REE chloride. Toyotsu Rare Earths India will then process the mixed REE chloride into individual REO.

http://www.toyota-tsusho.com/english/press/detail/151210_002928.html

Whats your thoughts on this Janti?
    "Toyota Tsusho is establishing stable supplies of rare earths critical for the development of next-generation automobiles and other leading-edge technologies. Moving ahead, the company plans to also establish supply chains for magnetic materials to meet an expected increase in demand in the environmental energy field."

You have been a vocal advocate over the years on this forum for the argument that PREM motors would be substituted with electric motors that did not use REE. With a stable diversified supply of REO essential to the manufacture of PREM it seems car manufacturers are happy to use PREM motors for the foreseeable future.

Oh and I especially like this bit;
    "Four kinds of rare earths will be produced: neodynium, cerium, lanthanum, and praseodynium. Production is scheduled to begin in February 2016, followed by shipments to Japan, Europe, the Americas and other nations. Currently, product manufacturers are working to develop alternative technologies that do not require the use of rare earths. These efforts are concentrated on dysprosium and other so-called medium rare earths. Demand for neodynium, the most commonly used rare earth magnet, is expected to continue growing in the future.

Distribution of REE in the mixed REE chloride produce by Indian Rare Earth
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    0   DISTRIBUTION OF RARE EARTHS:  
    1   CeO2/ReO 45%
    2   La2O3/ReO 22-24%
    3   Nd2O3/ReO 19-22%
    4   Pr6O11/ReO 5-6.5%
    5   Sm2O3/ReO 2-3%
    6   Yttrium & other heavy rare earths 0.5-1%

http://irel.gov.in/scripts/products.asp

I find it strange that you automatically assume it was Toyota that was unimpressed with Lynas as a potential alternative supply of REE outside of China. Who is to say it was Lynas that was not impressed with Toyota?

Looks to me like the JV with SOJITZ is working a treat with Lynas maintaining over 50% share of NdPr market in Japan.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.69
Change
0.160(2.89%)
Mkt cap ! $5.318B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.51 $5.72 $5.51 $34.50M 6.126M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 169 $5.66

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.70 11000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$5.70
  Change
0.160 ( 3.08 %)
Open High Low Volume
$5.55 $5.72 $5.53 1881896
Last updated 15.59pm 29/03/2024 ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.