Anyone who has a firearms license knows the ropes. You do the...

1. 1,180 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Anyone who has a firearms license knows the ropes. You do the firearms course, you do the test, you apply for a particular firearm and register it, you buy a safe and put the gun in the safe and ammo in the separate locked compartment. Then the local firearms officer will call you 10 minutes before he comes to inspect your safe and see if you're a nutjob sitting around in your undies with loaded shotguns on your coffee table.

I don't even want to know what hoops you have to jump through to get a license for a handgun. I've never bothered due to the hassle.

So......how come every dirtbag seems to have some kind of shooter. Running around 7 elevens and servos, pulling them out of their cars to magnify the effect of road range. I don't even want to think about when a certain police force allowed the names addresses and gun details to leak out into the public domain. Morons.

The firearms officer who popped in on me explained that guns are the currency of choice atm. Some unscrupulous owners will even stage a break in at their own home and sell the guns for a butt load of money.

So.........guess what, guns are here to stay. As has often been alluded to, the American situation is a disaster....however at least an honest person has a fighting chance of protecting themselves. No one wants to be a sitting duck, and scum bags in the US can never be sure if the little old lady has desert eagle .50 cal heater in her handbag.

I think the powers that be should register appropriate people, say for example all Justice of the peace, to carry concealed firearms.

Like the guy from Texas, when Martin Bryant went nuts, asked why the #$@% didn't someone shoot him.

Good question.......Guns aren't bad, people are bad.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.