Man says I own the ASX

1. 58,089 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    Sunshine Coast self-proclaimed billionaire granted bail after fronting court on drugs and property offences

Updated 7 minutes agoSat 26 Mar 2016, 3:37pm
    Photo: Despite being charged with drugs and property offences, Harrison received bail. (Facebook)

Map: Brisbane 4000
    A Sunshine Coast man has been granted bail after being charged with drug and property offences.
    Phillip Johnathan Harrison, 29, was pulled over in a luxury sports car yesterday.
    Police allegedly discovered 12 grams of ice, worth around $12,000, in the car.
    He was charged with possessing dangerous drugs, possessing utensils and possession of tainted property.
    The court heard Harrison admitted to police he was a recreational ice user.
    A police prosecutor told the Roma Street Magistrate's Court that bail was opposed on mental health grounds, because Harrison claimed to be a billionaire.
    But Harrison's duty lawyer Nick Handly told the court he had checked Harrison's online banking account and confirmed he had $596 million in cash.
    He also said Harrison had $1.5 billion in property.
    'I own the ASX 200, I'm in control of it'

Outside court, Harrison said he told Mr Handly he had $1.2 million in property, not billion.
    "My lawyer was delusional, I told him not to say it, duty solicitor not very good," he said.
    I'm giving it away, I don't want it, look what it does, horrible.
    Phillip Harrison

"I just have to have a bit of a think about what the hell's gone on here. A lot of wrong has been done here, that's for sure."
    Harrison claimed he was a billionaire.
    "I didn't lie about that. It's $1.2 million in land, the rest in shares, ASX. I own the ASX 200, I'm in control of it," he said.
    When asked if he had $596 million in his bank account, Harrison said he was not sure.
    "It's the banks that do all the adding up, I don't really know," he said.
    Harrison claimed the money came from profitable shares and from overseas sources, and that is wealth had nothing to do with drugs.
    "How would I make billions in drugs without being caught? My investments, my ideas in cars, apps, trade, I sold them overseas, have been for years," he said.
    The magistrate ordered Harrison to surrender his passport. He is due back in court on April 18.
    Photo: Outside court, Harrison said the drugs he was allegedly found with were his. (Facebook)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.