1MC 0.00% 0.4¢ morella corporation limited

I'm not so sure. Tesla is kind of like the Apple of battery...

1. 6,296 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    I'm not so sure. Tesla is kind of like the Apple of battery systems. They get a lot of attention.
    In a nutshell, what I understand...

The Tesla 10 kwh system might be the best option. It can supply about 1000 watts for around a 10 hour period per day and run for 5,000 cycles. The cost of the 7kwh system is quoted at USD 3,500 but you need an inverter, around USD 2,000 and installation. Most think the 7 kwh will sell at around $10.000 in Australia fully installed. So, I guess the 10 kwh might be around $12,000

That would likely power everything for the average home while the solar is not adding storage.
    So, that means you need enough power during the day to run your daily power usage and store energy for the night. So, the solar systems will need to be bigger.

What Tesla didn't mention is that Sonnen Batteries have been selling something that looks very similar since early 2011 so actually it's not new. Not only that but Sonnen claim to get 10,000 cycles. Made in Germany so maybe the cost is over the top. I haven't seen anything on pricing when I checked them a few months ago.

sonnen.png

One of the reasons that research is so important to LT holders is to understand the various threats to Lithium both for EV's and home storage. This is a bit like the tide and it could turn at any stage with so much going into R&D. If we know where Lithium is going then as LT holders we may know well before any threat to Lithium occurs and how it impacts supply and demand. We can be sure that suppliers and institutional investors will be doing exactly that.

Whatever happens, the EV market appears safe for at least 5 years IMO. Home storage is not quite such a done deal. Lithium will have to get some success from Tesla and others. The question is how fast can it be grown and for how long. That intern revolves around advances in Lithium based batteries and that also looks promising. The biggest threat to home storage looks to be VRB's. which is why so many have invested in Vanadium shares as well as Lithium. I dumped Vanadium from what I hold because I don't see a clear winner like Lithium. It doesn't mean they won't be successful just for me the risk factor for the resource is higher. Graphene looks to be another possible winner right now.

I try very hard not to concentrate on the share price. Some of these resources are going to be in huge demand. As a LT holder I think reading the future shifts and trends is more beneficial.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 1MC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $24.71M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.4¢ 0.3¢ $2.24K 696.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
91 68203241 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 40753401 75
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
0.4¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
0.3¢ 0.4¢ 0.3¢ 3882817
Last updated 15.55pm 28/03/2024 ?
1MC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.