X64 0.00% 57.0¢ ten sixty four limited

Light at the end of the tunnel?

1. 818 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    Just read this:

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/ene...bal-nickel-market-as-philippines-probes-mines

----

The global nickel market will discover the severity of the Philippines' nationwide mining audit next Thursday as President Rodrigo Duterte's government presents the findings of the checkup and announces support for communities affected by any further suspensions.

The audit in the world's largest mined nickel supplier has been completed after 16 teams fanned out across the country to assess compliance with environment and welfare rules, according to Leo Jasareno, the official in charge of the examination.

The results and community-support program will be presented by Environment Secretary Gina Lopez, Mr Jasareno said in an interview in Manila.

----

With any luck the government will move into the "keeping a watchful eye" phase and the remaining miners can get back to business as usual.

Another thing that makes me a little bit more optimistic about MML is that OGC who has had quite a few complaints against it and had Lopez name it publicly as being in her sights has yet to have any action taken against it...

Makes me think that this isn't entirely a case of  "playing popular politics" and the "environmentalists getting whatever they want".

Anyway, will sit back and watch the developments, will reconsider buying more in a few weeks if things continue to cool down.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add X64 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.