Lambie & Wong?

1. 11,316 Posts.
    Opposition Senate leader Penny Wong praised the "courage" of Senator Lambie and Motoring Enthusiast Party senator Ricky Muir for splitting from the Palmer voting bloc on financial advice laws.
    Both senators voted to overturn the Government's changes despite PUP's official support of the legislation.
    "It certainly has been an interesting week and I would acknowledge Ricky Muir and Jacqui Lambie's courage over this week; that wasn't an easy thing to do for them, they came under a lot of pressure," Senator Wong said.
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-11-...bie-yet-to-make-decision-about-future/5912084

Hmm!  I wonder if  Lambie  would have won as an Independent, or Labor candidate?
    Just throwing out  conspiracy theory for discussion.

I doubt very much that Lambie would have won under a Labor Banner.

What if, it's a big If, Lambie and Wong planned to used Clive Palmer to get Lambie elected under the Palmer Banner where she would have a better chance than under Labor  to get elected.

Maybe Ricky Muir as well, as Penny Wong is supporting their action to leave Palmer now as Independents.

Hmm! I will repeat.

Both senators voted to overturn the Government's changes despite PUP's official support of the legislation.

All's fair in Love and Politics I am told.

It's just a thought, with no proof, but is it possible?

cheers,

syp

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.