We had a flight cancelled with JAL many years ago, the only...

1. 30,924 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 174
    We had a flight cancelled with JAL many years ago, the only option was to take one three hours earlier. May not sound toooo bad, but with a 14 month old child, that would mean 5 hours jilling around Tokyo airport. Not happy JAL! Anyway, I kicked up a fuss because of the baby, knowing that they aren't going to put the flight back on just for us, but it made me feel a bit better.

Having been in the UK for a few months our baggage had increased a bit, so we were both 8kg over the limit (even wearing a jacket and a coat with stuffed pockets) so I was a bit nervous at the check in, but we were just waved through with "no, that's fine sir". Boarding the plane I worked my way along to row 36 - and thought "Er, this doesn't look like peasant class. Wow, we've been upgraded! Play it cool janti, just like we paid for them". Then wifey comes up with the toddler. "Wow!! We've been upgraded!! I've always wanted to travel business!! And with a toddler!!!!!" etc. Bang goes the cool. But that explained the baggage allowance being OK.

So yes, it was a pain, but they did alright by us (although the third seat passenger was most unimpressed being in business next to a toddler, who was very good indeed in the 14 hour flight) so we'd fly JAL again.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.