SSN 0.00% 1.5¢ samson oil & gas limited

Rob, I'm not sure I'd call this "an issue that needs fixing"....

1. 1,455 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 822
    Rob, I'm not sure I'd call this "an issue that needs fixing". I'm pretty sure this was an operational strategy during this period of deflated OP. It was primarily due to several wells being shutin for much of the quarter.

We know that all wells bar one are now online, what we don't know is the specific well flow rates and how much they are being choked. The arguments being put forward regarding decline curves are all well and good, except they are overly simplistic as they don't not account for managing the curve through controlled release.

Based on flow data provided by the company in the past (unfortunately they are no longer providing this) and making some rough assumptions on expected flow from the shut in wells, I calculated that the NS field currently has capacity to produce 1800-2200boepd, yet the April rate was 1064boepd. This tells me that unless my calcs were waaaay off, there is plenty of capacity to minimize the effect of the decline curve through 2015.

It is a precarious balance, as it all hinges on a shoring up of the POO, but this is the case for all small cap oil stocks - particularly shale oil - and for me SSN is looking *relatively* solid amongst its peers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SSN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.