ECT 12.5% 0.5¢ environmental clean technologies limited.

India coal production to be nearly 1 billion tonnes in 4 yrs -...

1. 13,472 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 324
    India coal production to be nearly 1 billion tonnes in 4 yrs - Mr Goyal​

(Follow @coalguru on Twitter for important updates)

PTI reported that the government has set an ambitious target of achieving coal production of nearly 1 billion tonnes in the next 4 years.

Mr Piyush Goyal, Power and Coal Minister, said that "Coal production in the last 4 years has hardly been growing by 1% to 1.5%. For the last year I see production going up by about 6 per cent. I have an ambitious target of nearly a billion tonnes in the next 4 years."

He said, "We together with CIL can increase coal production to nearly a billion tonnes in the next 4 years and introduce new technologies to enhance production."

More than half of thermal power plants, at present, facing fuel shortage due to low coal production in the country.

Mr Goyal said that "I see no reason for power plants to suffer the kind of shortage they are doing now for very long. I am confident that once the appropriate measures are taken post the SC judgement and our efforts to increase Coal India production are in place."

According to recent data by the Central Electricity Authority, total fuel stocks at 103 coal-based stations have come down to around 73 lakh tonnes. This 73 lakh tonnes comprise 65.8 lakh tonnes of indigenous coal and 7.06 lakh tonnes of imported fuel.

CIL has set a target of producing 5,070 lakh tonnes of fuel. The company produced 4,620 lakh tonnes dry fuel, last fiscal.

Mr Goyal today met SAARC energy ministers and said initial discussions have started for setting up an integrated power transmission grid connecting India with its neighbouring nations including Bhutan, Bangladesh and Pakistan.

Source – PTI

Get latest updates through Twitter – Follow @coalguru

(www.coalguru.com)

&

Mr Sandhu says govt will conduct auction of coal blocks in 3 months​

(Follow @coalguru on Twitter for important updates)

Mr GS Sandhu, Financial Services Secretary, said that the government will conduct auction of coal blocks cancelled recently by the Supreme Court in 3 months.

Mr Sandhu said that this is what the power ministry has informed (us). This is what they have informed, in three months these (coal blocks) will go to auction.

He said that a small group was constituted on Friday under the chairmanship of India Infrastructure Finance Company Limited head Mr Santosh Nayyar to suggest ways to sort financing issues in the power projects held up on account of fuel supply constraints.

Source – PTI

Get latest updates through Twitter – Follow @coalguru

(www.coalguru.com)
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ECT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.001(12.5%)
Mkt cap ! $12.88M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.5¢ 0.4¢ $1.53K 323.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
37 12019827 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 6756279 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.46pm 28/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
0.4¢
  Change
0.001 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
0.4¢ 0.4¢ 0.4¢ 1280913
Last updated 14.42pm 28/03/2024 ?
ECT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.