Rm, you say, Did Jesus die for our sins he certainly did. Did...

1. 9,079 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 166
    Rm,

you say,

Did Jesus die for our sins he certainly did.
    Did someone take his life, No he gave it up of his own accord, no man or empire on the face of the planet could achieve that task.

i say,

he did not give it up of his own accord,

Luke 22 42

Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

Christ was rightly scared,

he knew he was going to suffer terrible agony,he knew he would be beaten and spat on, he knew he was going to die, he wanted (quite rightly) to not have to do it, but he said, nevertheless, not his own will but God's will, proving again that Christ is not God.

and RM,

you quote Luke 16 and Revelation 20 14

and you say,

Did Jesus teach that death ends your existence. No Jesus taught about two individuals that die and end up in the grave; one not so happy the other one resting in peace. While they are both waiting for the judgement day before the Great White throne where death hades and all those not found in the book of life will be cast into the lake of fire..

Think about it for a moment,

do you really think the rich man in Christ's parable is suffering BEFORE the Judgement,

if he's been suffering for the last 2000 years, why is he going to be judged at all???????????

where was his time in front of the judge BEFORE his suffering for the last 2000 years

When Jeremiah warned Jerusalem of their fate if they didn't repent, why wasn't eternal damnation mentioned

when Jonah warned the people of Ninevah of their fate if they didn't repent, why wasn't eternal damnation mentioned

Luke 16 is a parable, nothing more, nothing less, it is certainly not proof of eternal damnation

RM, if you believe Christ raised himself up from the grave, then he didn't die in the first place and your version of the Christian religion is an absolute fraud

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.