That is correct there is only one God and only in His authority...

1. RM
    7,391 Posts.
    That is correct there is only one God and only in His authority we baptize, no other

19"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,

20teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Why was Jesus baptized TB?

So that he could enter the Melchizedek priesthood and in doing so Jesus could be the high Priest and offer Himself as a sacrifice for our sins.

Jesus was baptized because of the need to  fulfill the legal requirements for entering such a priesthood.

Jesus was baptized to fulfill ALL righteousnes, all these legal requirements.

The Baptism of Jesus
    13  Then Jesus arrived from Galilee at the Jordan coming to John, to be baptized by him.
    14  But John tried to prevent Him, saying, “I have need to be baptized by You, and do You come to me?”
    15  But Jesus answering said to him, “Permit it at this time; for in this way it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.” Then he permitted Him.

But there is a problem TB, there are certain rules that must be present so that one can be our eternal high priest.

TB do you believe Jesus had a bodily resurrection or just spiritual?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.