XJO 0.99% 7,896.9 s&p/asx 200

Hi SF, Yes - I know you're a devotee of Armstrong. :) I'm also...

1. 9,357 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4862
    Hi SF,

Yes - I know you're a devotee of Armstrong.

I'm also well aware of the obfuscations often presented about the "turning points". He slips and slides about that those quite often.

The turning points can be, like his "war" prophecies, applied to anything? Somewhere - something will happen in the world of economics that will coincide with his turning points. That's the trick used by Astrologers. Predict a date - and then find something that fits. All done retrospectively.

There's no doubt that in the past Armstrong has predicted highs and lows in the U.S. stock market according to his Economic Confidence Model.

The Dow 30,000 prediction for late 2015 was made in August, 2009.

Here's the original posting:

Try checking for that post about Dow 30,000+ in his archives.

Surprise, surprise.

That set of posts is now missing. According to Armstrong that file has been "corrupted". Exactly? Never a truer word?

This slipping and sliding of his doesn't, however, fit well with his claim that his Economic Confidence Model is a Grand Unified Theory of everything. That, by the way, is a term taken from particle physics. He loves to align his ideas together with ideas from other fields of intellectual inquiry. This gives them a glow of reputability from association with something which actually has no relevance whatsoever.

Armstrong is a convicted fraudster.

There is evidence that many of the claims he makes to accuracy - especially of the type you mention (interest rate highs or lows, or the housing top/bottom or the Japanese market top etc.) - are entered retrospectively on his internet writings, either by him or an associate. (See CXO Advisory).

Another one of his famous claims is that he invented a computer that was "self-aware". Whatever that might mean. But I think it is supposed to mean that it had human-like qualities of consciousness. It certainly sounds impressive - and unlike any computer that has ever been created. And it was created by Armstrong. As well as being an expert on economics, the stock market, world epidemics and on and on … he has also managed to invent a computer which can do things which all the combined efforts of the world's computing experts haven't been able to do.

What happened to that amazing computer? Well it was destroyed after federal agents took it to World Trade Center 7 which collapsed in the 9/11 attacks.

Oh dear. Can you really take such a person seriously.

Redbacka

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.