1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Join HotCopper today

HotCopper is the largest stock market forum in Australia with over 250,000 registered members and more than 6,000 posts per day. Membership is FREE. Join now!

3. There is now a Managed funds topic. Enjoy.

hanson young looses it on 2gb radio

1. jitttlatw07

4,346 posts.

http://webstore.2gb.com/audio/sydney-live-with-ben-fordham/201308/16-sarah-hanson-young.mp3

GREENS Senator Sarah Hanson-Young has angrily hung up on Sydney talkback radio host Ben Fordham during a tense interview concerning asylum seekers.
    The senator fumed after an aggressive Mr Fordham said her refugee policy "stinks" and was a "laughing stock".
    "I don't know why you bother to invite me on to interview me," she told Mr Fordham. "You can have your own opinions. Don't invite me back on your show just so can sit on your soapbox.
    "You can do that without inviting people on your show. I'm sure you do it day in, day out."
    Click.
    Tension mounted after Mr Fordham asked if Ms Hanson-Young took responsibility for the deaths that have occurred at sea since the Rudd Government dismantled John Howard's immigration policies.
    Ms Hanson-Young said no one who understands refugee policy believes more people came to Australia just because the Labor Party were elected in 2007.
    But Mr Fordham argued it was not the change of government but the Labor Government's change of policy that had seen the number of boats arriving on Australia's borders.
    "You supported a policy which has led to 50,000 people arriving here ever since and 1000 plus people drowning to the bottom of the ocean and dying," Mr Fordham said. "They're not on the earth anymore."
    Opposition Leader Tony Abbott declared "this is our country" when he announced a harsh asylum seeker policy this morning.
    It would see future arrivals and asylum seekers currently awaiting processing by Australia placed on three-year temporary protection visas if they are found to be genuine refugees.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national-news/fuming-greens-senator-sarah-hanson-hangs-up-on-2gb-host-ben-fordham/story-fncynjr2-1226698612696#ixzz2c7AYrdjj

2. jimcross

7,850 posts.

Who is sarah hanson young? Let me know and I'll see if I care.

JX

3. ahjay

4,643 posts.

nobody, Jim,nobody

4. bruceyg

10,536 posts.

loved it

benny is the only decent dj willing to take these people to task.

shy - not my responsibility....

5. Fat Bloater

11,849 posts.

"Who is sarah hanson young? Let me know and I'll see if I care."

JC she is a soon to be unemployed nation wrecking politician.

6. ausheds

9,101 posts.

Where's Malcolm when you need him?

Lunching at the Melbourne Club perhaps? Certainly not being bothered by boat people.

7. jimcross

7,850 posts.

Oh, one of those Greenie terrorists trying to bugger the rest of Australia now they've shafted Tasmania?

JX

8. ahjay

4,643 posts.

yep Jim,Tasmania's wrecked,time to move on the mainland.

9. joe a

2,918 posts.

"Who is sarah hanson young? Let me know and I'll see if I care."

She was Hitlers right hand girl in another life!
    Jack boots and all!
    And you won't care.
    cheers

10. dan1

5,232 posts.

is she up for re-election in Sept or do we need a dd to get of her?

11. pints

7,772 posts.

The girlie is an embarrassing air head sexist. lol

12. bilbo35

3,238 posts.

SHY is in trouble in .SA senate spot.

This Sept could be the end of her and certainly Bandt in the seat of Melbourne. No libs preferences for him this election.

Green's utopia is on the way out for good.
    Sept7th 4% swing to lnp 90+ seats!

13. busybee

603 posts.

last election she barely got 14% of the vote and she thinks she's the suppository of all wisdom

14. Justlookin

7,589 posts.

How can eating tofu, lentils and mung beans make someone so fat?

15. rembrandt

5,392 posts.

Hmmm ... there is a rumour SH-Y has been separated from her partner Zane for some time ...

SH-Y's CV looks a tad short of anything serious for someone who aspires to lead a political party from age 25 .. note: SH-Y has twice challenged CM in party ballots.

16. BSocSci (Adel).
  17. Customer service, Adelaide Central Markets 2000-03.
  18. Environment Officer, Students' Assoc Adel Uni 2001-02.
  19. President, Students' Association Adel Uni 2003.
  20. Bank teller, BankSA 2004.
  21. Campaign manager (SA/NT), Amnesty 2004-08.

Yes .. SH-Y's Senate seat is up for grabs on Sept 7 and if defeated she will retire 30Jun14.

Just meeee view ..

Cheers ... tight stops.

22. Marketinfo

5,497 posts.

Justlookin,

"How can eating tofu, lentils and mung beans make someone so fat?"

Usually water retention, but in her case I would lean towards hot air retention.

MI

23. Justlookin

7,589 posts.

Don't worry. This career bureaucrat is will live on the public purse forever. I was working to make a quid in Australia when she was 3 and I'm only 9 years older than her. LOL

Ignorant fool that Hanson-Scum.

24. Rather than losing it (not loosing it) on radio maybe she should start losing weight...

She's a bit of a good looking spunk. Too bad about the weight and the GREENS thingy that's holding her back.

25. mozz18

8,380 posts.

Have u got the beer goggles on powerball?

26. bang57

1,251 posts.

just another stupid pie in the sky politician

Who has the ability to survive, thank you to the foundation her forefathers built on blood, sweat and tears,
    were do these parasites come from.
    Not long now for the rubbish clean out

27. moondoong

20,658 posts.

Hanson-Young is a complete joke.

If she gets in again then Aussies really are thick.

28. bruceyg

10,536 posts.

well...only those in one state moony

29. Jimmy64

292 posts.

Agree with comments wrt the greens above but honestly, Ben Fordham has developed in to one of the cockiest pricks around. Can't stand to listen to him.

30. jimcross

7,850 posts.

It would be the wrong choice to deploy my inbuilt human fire extinguisher system then, if SHY was to spontaneously combust.

JX

31. The Ace

9,218 posts.

Her performance was disgraceful.

Imagine if Tony Abbott had of hung up or walked out from a Virginia Trolli interview.

32. Justlookin

7,589 posts.

She is young as her name suggests.

What do you expect when mainstream parties endorse the inexperienced?

But hey this guy is a Solicitor in Australia.

He seems like a nice man but not too good on his feet.
    Can you imagine this fella representing you at the local Mags Court?

Not for me thanks.

33. Marketinfo

5,497 posts.

Justlookin,

"He seems like a nice man but not too good on his feet.
    Can you imagine this fella representing you at the local Mags Court?"

He embodies everything that you wouldn't want to have representing you in court.

Makes me think of Cousin Vinny in that American Movie "My Cousin Vinny"

For those that either haven't seen it or can't remember it, or couldn't be bothered doing a wiki search:

My Cousin Vinny is a 1992 American comedy film written by Dale Launer, directed by Jonathan Lynn, and starring Joe Pesci, Ralph Macchio, Marisa Tomei, Mitchell Whitfield, Lane Smith, Bruce McGill and Fred Gwynne. The film was Gwynne's final film appearance before his death on July 2, 1993.

The film deals with two young New Yorkers traveling through rural Alabama who are put on trial for a murder they did not commit, and the comic attempts of a cousin, Vincent Gambini, a newly minted lawyer, to defend them. Much of the humor comes from the contrasting personalities of the brash Italian-American New Yorkers, Vinny and his fiancée Mona Lisa, and the more reserved Southern townspeople.

Lawyers have praised the comedy's realistic depiction of courtroom procedure and trial strategy. Pesci and Tomei received critical praise for their performances, and Tomei won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress.

MI

34. sypaladin

10,762 posts.

Good morning justlookin.

I listened to first quarter of interview of him repeating Liberal's view.

I think we are expecting to much from young people who have not really entered the school of hard knocks to think on their own,SHY keeps referring back to UN on questions she can't personally answer.

They are at present only Apprentices in the trade of politics.

I do not vote for a Party on one persons performance good or bad.It's the performance of the overall Party's performance.

These young people will learn in time to think for themselves as school children must when they leave school.

Why do you think Rudd targets school?

Young people are vulnerable at school as all their life are taught to be taught.

I started in a trade apprenticeship 50 years ago, I am not the same person now and think differently since then.

Gee! I have changed more since be coming a Father many years ago.

Even SHY will be different as she matures from experiences.

Children are 25% DNA and 75% who teachers them growing up.

All we can hope is they get good mentors.

Rudd ,Labor and now Sarah Hanson Young can't talk themselves out of problems they behave themselves into.

cheers,

sypaladin

35. darryle

3,187 posts.

I heard the interview. She is one angry chic without sex appeal.

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.

^