This is a complex issue . I was unfortunate enough to see sexual...

1. 16,819 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 356
    This is a complex issue . I was unfortunate enough to see sexual abuse of minors by officials of the church first hand in my youth . No one would dare tell their parents . Everyone swept it under the carpet . It wasn't restricted to the church then ,nor now I would imagine.

Fwiiw when you talk to anyone about the current enquiry most people have swallowed the vendetta campaign against Pell by the thought police press who just hate anything conservative. Pell wasn't actually in the position of authority he now holds when these crimes took place . It is Pell in fact who tried to do something about it and set up the current processes which at least give some of the victims some consolation.

I'm no wrap for Pell personally ,but he's been completely crucified and painted as the villain through this whole process . He's maintained his dignity and actually taken the responsibility as far as I can tell ,not that you'd ever read that in the paper.

I don't think that there's anything that can be done for a lot of these victims ,they've suffered in silence terribly for so long ,it's defined their lives , whatever is done will never be enough ,understandably.

There's a whole generation that the church has lost through its own arrogance . There are a lot of good people involved in the church ,far more good than not ,but the world has changed and they haven't..

I don't have any answers ,just observations

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.