GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Good Case for GOLD

1. 17,482 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    So many good articles in the AFR lately.

Here is a couple of paragraphs from another one. This article is about what happens if the banks fail again.
    I know some people will think this is not directly about GOLD but I disagree.

Protecting Taxpayers a Key Driver

by James Eyers (AFR)
    20 Oct 2014

With global banking regulators focusing not merely on equity capital but ;
    "Total Loss Absorbing Capacity" (TLAC) debate about how to prevent government bailouts of banks that are "Too Big To Fail" (TBTF) will continue at the G20 summit in November in Brisbane.

The banks reckon a new BAIL-IN instrument is less intrusive than requiring higher equity. JPMorgans Manning says that while there has been much scepticism particularly from APRA around the benefits of introducing a senior unsecured BAIL-IN instrument in the context of Loss Absorbency Capital, we present the case that from a major bank perspective at least, it may not be an undesirable alternative. ANZ said in its second submission to the inquiry a senior unsecured BAIL-IN mechanism would likely result in fewer costs to the financial ;system than further increases in capital holding.

The Canadian Government is moving ahead with BAIL-IN BONDS.
    ##################################
    " There it is folks the BAIL-IN for Australian banks is just around the corner, IMO it is going to happen and soon after the G20 Summit in Brisbane in November this year"
    I love these bankers terms "Total Loss Absorbing Capacity" (TLAC) All this means is the banks want to maximise their profits and protection at the expense of depositors like you and me. Then the catch cry is we don't want to put the bail out of banks onto the taxpayers. Well I say who the hell do you think the "TAX PAYERS" are if not the people with money in the banks. Bail In Bonds will be next to worthless and treated like an EBOLA case when the bank instigates a BAIL - IN.

A good case for taking money out of the Banks and putting it into GOLD if Ive ever seen one.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.