It's late over here, the tennis has been absorbing and I am...

1. 10,503 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 197
    It's late over here, the tennis has been absorbing and I am probably not going to post much over the next 24hours plus, so I will respond briefly now.

With this La Nina discussion I don't see that you have made any significant point against the argument that the planet is warming, as shown by ocean heating and troposphere heating and an extraordinary sequence of record hot air surface temps all occurring throughout the air surface temperature pause.

Your argument that La Nina cycles warm the deeper ocean is of no help to your (Jopo's in particular) overall argument. Regardless of what you suggest La Nina might do to deeper ocean temps, we have confirmed La Nina cools surface ocean temps, which in turn cools air surface temps, which contributes to the surface temperature pause (albeit at record hot temps). That comes from the fact we have had net La Nina conditions during the pause. In addition we know the solar cycle has been against the AGW warming trend, over that period, as has aerosol impacts. Those are random or cyclical factors so those pause period restraining forces will not continue to hold back warming.

in addition we have the tell tale stratospheric cooling combined with the tropospheric warming, which tells us we are seeing a CO2/greenhouse gas warming effect.

so, as I see it a lot of "heated" debate on the La Nina point for no particular reason

over and out for now. Wawrinka collapsed a bit in the end, but some great tennis.
    Last edited by mjp2: 30/01/15

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.