CTP 3.92% 5.3¢ central petroleum limited

Could Gas be the new priority?

1. 173 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 18
    I have read through all the doom and gloom posts on the previous thread and must say the negativity is only making people jump at shadows from those that just speculate and hypothesize. In saying that though, I do 100% agree that the information that RC and the board have provided to shareholders over the last 9 months has been poor. I do agree that the most recent announcement regarding NW Merranie is disappointing, but what if RC and the board now believe that the future of CTP is in the SGB and Mt Kitty and all efforts, finances and strategy are primarily now looking for gas and oil taken a back seat.

When I spoke to RC in Noosa, he repeated two points over and over. The importance of fraccing and also the pipeline from Alice Springs to Moomba. With that said, Santos have committed to more seismic for Mt Kitty, they wouldn't commit to this if there was no potential. We now that Mt Kitty holds 10% helium which is huge, so before we think the world is over, just remember that Santos are actually backing Mt Kitty for stage 2.

The pipeline from Alice Springs to Moomba has been in major newspapers over the past two weeks and the wheels are in motion with regards to flys overs from APA and discussions at a higher level.

Don't forget that the 5th biggest oil and gas company in the world threw us an extra $32 million to expedite drilling as they believe that it has massive potential. At this stage though, it is far too early to tell from only one well. I agree that the announcements have been poor on this front as well and will be one of the many points I bring up with RC at the AGM.

I can relate and understand frustrations as we all have our hard earned money invested in this thing that allot of people perceive is being poorly managed. If we take a look at the management and board of CTP, it is one of our strengths and we have to have faith in what they are doing and give them time to do so. If we contemplate kicking them out, we will be making a massive, massive mistake. They have made errors and treated shareholders like mushrooms of late, I agree, but we do not know half of what is going on in that company and the efforts they are going to to make this succeed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.3¢
Change
0.002(3.92%)
Mkt cap ! $39.22M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.2¢ 5.3¢ 5.2¢ $31.66K 604.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 86808 5.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.3¢ 23813 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.3¢
  Change
0.002 ( 3.92 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.2¢ 5.3¢ 5.2¢ 101711
Last updated 15.33pm 29/03/2024 ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.