Broncos v Wigan

1. 4,341 Posts.
    What a game!

It had everything in it.

Milford was showing some very good signs in the second half after a quiet first half. Started repeatedly carving them up the middle.

Joe Ofahengaue made some wrecking ball type runs and IMO is part of the future of the Broncos run on forward pack.

Hunt held onto his confidence from last year which is a good sign.

Kahu handled the full back role well, although he got absolutely HAMMERED all game. That will probably be Kahu's hardest game of his life IMO. He went the distance and took it all on the chin. Didn't provide much in attack which though which is something I think Eden could bring. We'll see.

Alex Glenn has really stepped up which is good to see.

Maranta looked sharp on the wing as well and scored a try.

Vidot was aggressive and had a good game, as did McGuire.

Hodges had a good game as well although he missed a tackle at the end of the game and nearly lost the game for the Broncos. He saved a try and set up a try earlier in the game though so he played well.

Whitchurch had good decent game in the centres.

Add in the likes of Gillette, Reed and Copely and the Broncos are looking a serious threat this year and I think they will be the grand final.

The negatives:

Parker looked tired and frustrated. I'm still concerned about his goal kicking. He was busy in defence though.

Dodds didn't really bring what I thought he would.

Unimpressed by Blair as I expected to be.

Not very impressed by Garbet either.

Thaiday was somewhat quiet by his standards, though showed enthusiasm and looked fresh.
    Last edited by Freeway: 22/02/15

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.