SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

As quoted in the market news, Mackenzie reportedly told the...

1. 276 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    As quoted in the market news, Mackenzie reportedly told the Australian:

I strongly believe that the world will be best served by a sustainable supply of commodities at a fair price, and that capital resources should be directed towards the most efficient sources of that production in a manner that the world gets them as cheaply as possible, in terms of cost,

I am having problems understanding how increasing production to current/forecast levels assists with maintaining a sustainable supply. Any resource is only sustainable for a finite period, unfortunately the sustainable period reduces with the current levels of production. Yes, the product gets cheaper...Economics 101 Supply and Demand. But don't try correlating the cheaper product with sustainability.

You know that saying about "sometimes it's better to say nothing and have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove it".

and with the greatest environmental performance and the smallest environmental footprint. The only certain effect of stalling production will be to reduce Australian exports.

The big global miners and energy companies really do put themselves on a pedestal when it comes to their health, safety and environmental performance.

Would that be like the environmental performance/footprint that BHP produced at Ok Tedi? Or have BHP conveniently forgotten about that as an example of environmental performance.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.