Some dysfunctional places still address wildlife poaching to...

1. 12,826 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    Some dysfunctional places still address wildlife poaching to varying degrees of success with or without western help. Outside of Bali, obviously the orangutans get a look in, and there are a few semi-protected parks.

When I was in Guatemala the barrio martials shot the dogs at night, and then left their bodies in pools of blood for someone else to clean up in the morning.

Where I live now, there is a crocodile farm, so the pound can get paid for their stray dog catch. But they prefer to dognap pets from behind gates in the hope the owners will turn up and pay a ransom. That partly adds reason as to why pet dogs like Rotties or Labs are cruelly locked in hot steel cages too small to stretch out in. IMO, it's better to be a free roaming street dog hanging out with your buddies, fighting other gangs and looking for mates. Smart dogs hang out on the beach near a restaurant. Just gotta watch out for the law.

The Indos would think we have lost it rescuing street dogs, and frankly I agree with them. What a terrific waste of resources that does nothing to fix a problem. I hope BARC go broke and come up with a better way to serve the Balinese communities.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.