I thought about calling it "Australia II", trouble is, that...

1. 6,351 Posts.
    I thought about calling it "Australia II", trouble is, that might start sounding like a victory with OPM.

Anyway, moving along....the movie "Australia" was a bit of a disappointment, if not a little historically inaccurate (cough, cough)... so I'm thinking about a new production.

We need some heavyweights who can ride horses, want to drove cattle to profitable offshore markets, prepared to do the "heavy lifting"....

Ok, we've got a few heavyweights already getting into the station business, Twiggy, Gina, the Hockeys....

Not sure if Clive is yet interested..... but hey, Clive's about "improving the lot ot the third worlders through access to coal, energy.... to increase their standard of living........" and some of the miners would naturally progress from putting steaks in a ground to handing out steaks to the hungry masses.... so they would be good potential stakeholders in the movie...

We need a few deregulated helpers for the odd part here and there.... when I say deregulated, I mean really cheap.... hey, let's face it, you gotta have cheap labour to build things, movies, pyramids etc...

Now, how do we not lose the plot, trying to uphold the Aussie image of "a fair go" whilst making our movie? Joe reckons, the deregulated labour market is the answer.... now that all of the big potential investors for the movie have made a squillion with the "Free" deregulated banking system, free trade agreements, etc.... we need to some how "free up" the workers to accept that it is fair (in someone else's mind) that they do the heavy lifting with minimum recompense.... yes, a deregulated labour force.... but, hang on, what about the "fair go"? ... oh well, hold up the example of the chosen one from the family of immigrants or the girl from the Western suburbs who have made it by hard work (blah-blah).... look, the "Americän Dream" can work here, can't it?....

Now, we need some baddies, individual and group ones as well as some goodies.

Perhaps we could do with a modern day "Protector" of the Aborigines.... Twiggy looks like he's up for it, but crikey, we can't ask the Aboriginal people, can we?.... might have to change the story too much and question Australia's self-image... (oh no, you've done it now, 3b.... expect the historically ignorant red-neck backlash)....

Gee, I can feel a production coming on....but so much work to do....

Hmmm, might be hard to attract investment of the heavyweights if I bag them, so I better offer to help lift them into their saddles (with minimum recompense)......help them ride off into that beautiful, bloody "Australia" sunset...

"Crikey, bit hard to ride with these darn flies.....

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.