AGO 0.00% 4.5¢ atlas iron limited

Really redrock? $12/t/km? So it cost $120/t for every 100k's of...

1. 1,244 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 159
    Really redrock? $12/t/km? So it cost $120/t for every 100k's of trucking? Might want to check that one mate. Doesn't sound quite right to me. Maybe you mean 12 cents per tonne per km?

I would have to disagree with you and say that rail would make a significant difference .By road Mt Webber is 230km from port headland and the other current mines are about 130km on average from port. Corunna is about 270km and Mcphee is close enough to 300km

Based on your + 20-30% figures and looking at the 6 million tonnes form Mt Webber alone that would be $165.6 million in trucking costs vs $132.5 - $143.5 million by train. I won't be greedy, you can just chuck the $22m at the lower end of the spectrum in my account if it doesn't make a difference! I think $3.70-$5.50/t saving would certainly be a worthwhile saving.

Just as a comparison doesn't FMG charge BCI about $20/t for 300kms of transport and port charges? That probably works out somewhere around the 6 cents/t/km for the rail component. That equates to about a $13-$14/t saving from Mt Webber at the same rate. Soon as they start looking at that 30 -40t production target in the future, then it is making a huge difference to the bottom line.

On a side note, it was interesting that during the conference call that Ken said something along the lines of ...”that the infrastructure solution involves converting an infrastructure provider that has typically carted their own product into one that’s providing a service.” Probably rules out Roy Hill then?

Yeatesy.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.