RYG 0.00% 3.3¢ raya group limited

Neutralopinions, I disagree I think the takeaway from this...

1. 24,192 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5565
    Neutralopinions,

I disagree I think the takeaway from this discussion is that the Physical Web way of using the IoT devices has a fundamental flaw/problem in that it needs to connect to a remote website to enable it to be used. It has more points of failure and lower communication radius as it uses bluetooh. More specifically if that "physical web" website cannot be contacted for what every reason then all IoT devices of that type are effectively dead in the water. A very simple but pertinent example would be I want to unlock my front door and switch lights on in my house. If the remote website cannot be contacted by your phone due to phone network problems or the server where the relevant webpage is stored is down I would not be able to access my house and turn the lights on. This is a major show stopper for the Physical Web.

Xped/RYG solution alternatively allows you to interact with the device directly if you are within range of the device or via the internet.

You say Xped/RYG is a device specific solution and will need Android IOS or windows Etc. However the Physical Web also needs a Android, Ios or Windows etc device to operate so that it can connect to the Web and pull the interface down so it can be used. So this point of difference is void as a valid argument.

You say the in your coffee machine example that the Xped solution will not know what the machine will do. However Xped/RYG solution will have a RML (Resource Modelling language) file available to be pulled from the coffee machine itself that is easily able to handle the most complex user IoT Machine interfaces required. So this point is also void.

You say the Xped/RYG Device will have "a horrendous time optimising the device specific battery life." However, most devices such as coffee machine are plugged into a power source. Also the Xped RYG Solution has been optimised to reduce battery consumption for battery operated devices. Company literature states Power consumption has been reduced massively for XPED/RYG solution .

The Physical Web is also restricted by the range of its Bluetooth connection. The Xped/RYG solution communicates via the 802.15.4 communication technology which gives longer range than Bluetooth and uses less power than Wi-Fi".

So in summary it I reiterate there will be 1000's of different types of IoT devices and therefore in the Physical Webs model 1000's of websites required (perhaps 100,000s of websites over time). Again if the website is down I cannot switch on a light or open close door, read a sign or get a coffee. The Xped Deb model allows me to forget about the individual web sites as the control info is built directly into each device (via RML) and they pass that to your phone when requested directly without the need for the web.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RYG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.