hi peace, I think it is pretty easy to dislike opera. ABC...

1. 79,554 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    hi peace,

I think it is pretty easy to dislike opera. ABC classical is the only commercial radio I listen to and I have no television.

I like classical music and I like a lot of opera singing -------- but, I turn off the thing a bit --- usually with some female voices.

Now, I reckon if someone was exposed to an opera that was not suitable - and they weren't in the right mood, it could be well, painful.

I can't think of anything much more beautiful than a good tenor singing Nessun Dorma, but, I often find screeching women a bit of an insult on the drums

And, generally I would rather listen to a variety of sung opera by someone good - particularly in a nice venue, than sit through many operas.

I reckon it's like anything - 80% of most things are a fair bit 'how's your father' and 20% are good - and only a few % will really burn your shorts.

I have never had any desire for ballet - even though I have been to a few, including in Russia and other ex Soviet places - but,

I remember seeing Rudolf Nureyev on film - he was dead by then - OMG, had I known at the time and been old enough, I would have travelled god knows how far to see him.

Such precision comes in so few of us and is often generations apart. One shouldn't miss that when one has the chance.

have a great arvo

Pinto

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.