1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Join HotCopper today

HotCopper is the largest stock market forum in Australia with over 250,000 registered members and more than 6,000 posts per day. Membership is FREE. Join now!

3. There is now a Managed funds topic. Enjoy.
GCN 0.6¢

Ann: Response to Appendix 4C query

1. ASX News

99,718 posts.
    • Release Date: 16/08/13 16:11
    • Summary: Response to Appendix 4C query
    • Price Sensitive: Yes
    • Download Document
  2. knobatron

260 posts.

Why do I get a feeling someone new this was coming out?

3. knobatron

260 posts.

Sorry that should be knew.
    Why do I get a feeling someone knew this was coming out?

No many buyers left now.

4. HC Trader

9,702 posts.

"6.
    The Company confirms that its financial c
    ondition is adequate and warrants the continuing
    quotation of its securities on ASX in accordance with listing rule 12.2

yes Sir

5. tas74t

1,980 posts.

It sounds like someone knew this complaint was put in to ASX.... So if they are only spending 120k per 1/4, that's nearly 2 years worth still available at the current burn rate..

A question for Mike or anyone who might know.. do you know how long a company has to respond to a 4C? This complaint was put in just as Richard went OS, it seems whoever they are, they were very opportunistic in their actions knowing he would be absent for two weeks or so...lol

6. mike_au1

7,947 posts.

"So if they are only spending 120k per 1/4" You might want to check that i think your off by quiet a bit.

7. tas74t

1,980 posts.

You still didn't answer my question Mike....

8. tas74t

1,980 posts.

Also Mike, From ASX Query..

"Net negative operating cash flows for the quarter of $120,028."

Can you show where they are/have spending/spent more, I'm keen to know what the ASX doesn't also..

9. think mike must be bored taz.

Mike if ya bored m8 head over to AVQ , need a hand there to pick on this ramper , think its bassy again up to his old tricks.

10. mike_au1

7,947 posts.

Not bored HI had a productive day even found out CCW wont be going ahead as well as a few other tid bits.

11. mike_au1

7,947 posts.

Il let you work it out Tas, you always get the good mail.

12. Sharpshooter

1,708 posts.

Tas my little possum. Do you know the difference between a cash flow statement and a balance sheet?

Cash flow statements are exactly what the name suggests. It's only what bills are paid not what is owed. So if GCN isn't paying the bills, the cash outflow looks smaller than the reality.

The yearly or half yearly will tell you the truth!

Lets review the last two quarterly cash flow statements when the yearly report comes in!!!

Liabilities my possum, liabilities!!!!

ASX knows GCN is in financial trouble!!!

13. Sharpshooter

1,708 posts.

What about SSI Mike? It all sounds so positive lol.

14. Testarossa

2,871 posts.

Great to see the company has enough money for the next 2 quarters. So many ventures waiting to fill the coffers. Exciting times ahead!!! Can't wait!

15. kevin103

1,753 posts.

I wonder whats the GoTenTv business model and whats gcn's share of revenue from that?
    If its anything like Soooolakoool , or train station wifi or iptv revenue then would richard li be held responsiblebfor misleading the asx n shareholders?
    Hes here saying these ventures will bring in revenue isnt he? Where's the line between misleading and a pure business failure? Guess u cant be pinged for a poor business venture but u sure can for being misleading.

16. tas74t

1,980 posts.

Thanks for that Mike.. knew I could count on you.. btw im already unimpressed with ccw, so let us know when you find something new..

17. Damoose

966 posts.

Hi mike

What can u tell me about gcn. I'm looking to invest and u seem to be the man

Moose

18. Moose, get those four legs going and run! Run away from this stock as fast as you can, and never look back!

19. tradezy

1,508 posts.

You should emphasize at least, "good" is being used ironically of course!

I genuinely mean no offense Tas74t, but how can you not realise how identical you sound to a certain self proclaimed expert elsewhere.

And of course, 'expert' is too being used ironically. lol

20. tas74t

1,980 posts.

Tradezy. . If I stop starting my sentences with 'now' would that appear different.. maybe other forums can read these pists who knows... we are not the same as you know.

21. tradezy

1,508 posts.

Of course, I know you're not the same...as I did say I mean no offense. lol

But you have to agree, I've never came across anything "it's" posted that hasn't been eerily similar to your comments and vice versa.

Food for thought, have you ever considered challenges/questioning such comments, rather than simply reiterating them?

Point at hand, this supposed conspiracy theory that someone's lodged some complaint very conveniently whilst GCN Management are apparently overseas. You don't have to believe it, simply because someone elsewhere said so...

In fact, I'd automatically being doing the contrary!

22. tas74t

1,980 posts.

Tradezy.. check the time stamps on both posts your refering to.. btw no offense taken.. however i do believe there are people that may post here do infact have close contacts with the ASIC and ASX.. Im sure there are many complaints lodged with such bodies that dont make it as far as the last one..;)

23. tradezy

1,508 posts.

I've never known ASIC and or ASX to be so prompt in following up a supposed complaint(s).

But so what if GCN had been temporarily suspended while someone got the ASX response together, what difference would that have made, it's not as though punters are clamouring to get aboard.

What's nonsense is the completely unfounded and undoubtedly asinine notion being put forth that somehow, this supposed diabolical plan to 'do this while the Director's away' would actually matter in someway...

24. the poor old chap is lonley and trying to drum up business over the road as it appears to be a tad lonley over there.

Tas i dont think your angry sort anyway just another punter down on his luck with this one :)

25. tradezy

1,508 posts.

LOL skipt,

I'm sure his "weatherman" analogies will keep him occupied for the time being.

Apparently, everything's like the "weatherman". ROFL!

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.

^